no clutch pressure

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Frostie36

Re: no clutch pressure

Post by Frostie36 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Hmm I wonder if my clutch is beginning to show the very early signs of this problem! Ever since I took it in for a noisy clutch pedal every so often when I go to press the clutch in at the very beginning of travel, like the first few millimeters sometimes there's no resistance at all, I don't get that sensation every time I use the clutch though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

trigger
Astra Model: Astra Sports Tourer Tech Line 1.6 Diesel
Astra Options: Front & Rear Parking Sensors and Solar Glass
Astra Colour: Sovereign Silver

Post by trigger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Yes it sounds like it's the start of the problem as that's what mine did in the first instance usually first journey of the day. Then usually when reversing or any situation where you use the clutch a lot you could feel the biting point getting lower and lower till you can't change gear.
Astra K Sports Tourer - Tech Line -1.6 Diesel - Sat Nav, Solar Glass, Park Assist

Frostie36

Post by Frostie36 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:20 pm

trigger wrote:Yes it sounds like it's the start of the problem as that's what mine did in the first instance usually first journey of the day. Then usually when reversing or any situation where you use the clutch a lot you could feel the biting point getting lower and lower till you can't change gear.
Great, got that too look forward too, hope it doesn't happen when I've got a queue of traffic behind me stopped at lights or a junction!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

trigger

Post by trigger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Happened to me on way back from Cornwall 250 x miles from our destination! 😥
Astra K Sports Tourer - Tech Line -1.6 Diesel - Sat Nav, Solar Glass, Park Assist

highflight
Astra Model: SRi 1.4 (150)
Astra Options: Parking Sensors
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by highflight » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Mine is in tomorrow for this. Really feeling the love having had a new engine this time last year. I'm hoping it's just pressure in the cylinder issue though. Pedal goes to the floor and stays there normally while in queuing traffic but also at times when I sit with the pedal depressed at the lights. I've been doing this deliberately to try and get a fault I can just show to the garage. Put my foot round the back of the pedal and pull it up and i can then push back down and change gear although it's very light. We shall see.

trigger

Post by trigger » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Hope they get yours sorted they should change the master cylinder and slave cylinder. They might just do the master cylinder first which they still need to remove some of the dash board to do it. They might then see if that fixes it as to change the slave cylinder the whole gearbox has to come out.

Sounds like yours had not totally packed in as when it does stays flat to floor and you can’t change gear!

Mine was off the road 2 x times for a total of two weeks.

Let us know how you get on as they might give you the old “Parts Are on backorder rubbish!”

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Just got home strange thing happen was at the traffic lights waiting for lights to change green. Anyway the car wouldn't go into 1st gear. I was like what the fuck going on here. Anyway I had to which the engine off. Put it into 1st gear then start the engine. All seem ok then it done it again. The car wouldn't go into gear why the engine was running. I was thinking pac car no longer perfect, only 5700 on the clock. The clutch peddle was half way down I had to lift it up with my hand then all seem OK again. 3 times. Shall I take it into the dealers to get check out. When I got home I switch the engine off restarted it all seem fine. ;) Any though people. I'm not paying for a new clutch that not even wear and tear. My other half would of panic and freak out. Plus with the baby :roll: and all that

trigger

Post by trigger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 am

Hi

I would get it to the dealer and request that they change both the master and slave cylinder under manufacturers warranty as the issue will only get worse as it did with myself. Had my car back after both master and slave cylinder done a few thousand miles in it and all appears ok now!

PACMANIA

Post by PACMANIA » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks trigger booked the car in for next week I will explain to them what happen. The car fine now. They may well say there no fault with it. And do some slight adjustments etc. Keep you lot updated on progress

trigger

Post by trigger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Yes hope they get it sorted as it starts off doing it now and again and then usually when you start the car on a morning or when reversing!

Return to “Faults & Technical”