Frostie36

Re: Parking sensor loudness

Post by Frostie36 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
nsanderson wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:37 am
Slartibartfast wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm
I just turn mine off at the button in front of the gearstick.

They then only come back on if you engage reverse or when you turn the engine back on in which case rinse and repeat.

They're certainly noisy though.
Do yours not come back on again when you drop below about 5 miles an hour? I can turn it off within the vehicle menu option and that lasts until the next ignition cycle (can't turn them back on again via the button in front of the gearstick) but just using that button only seems to turn them off until the next time you come towards a standstill, such as slow moving traffic.
I checked when I went out earlier and your right. Mine does switch back on when below about 5mph, something I can't recall it doing in the past.

This might sadly be an indication of just how much attention I pay.
Mine has always done that and the sensors enable automatically when the speed drops below 7 mph, I also remember reading about that in the manual.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Paulch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:04 am

Frostie36 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 am
jt123 wrote:Glad I made the decision to have some aftermarket sensors fitted rather than order it with factory ones. They look OEM but at least I have adjustable volume, on/off switch for front and rear etc.
I like the factory fitted parking sensors and how the sound comes out of either the front or rear speakers and also uses the dash and intellilink screen to give a visual representation. I can also turn the park assist on or off so not sure why some are saying you can't turn the parking sensors off as I can by pressing the park assist button. Not being able to adjust the volume doesn't bother me, the sound is no louder than the aftermarket sensors I had fitted to my previous astra g.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi

Yes you can turn them off but you shouldn't have to, they should automatically turn off when the car is in neutral. I wouldn't think this is a difficult change to implement.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

Maggie

Post by Maggie » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Can they be turned down

Paulch

Post by Paulch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:21 am

Maggie wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 pm
Can they be turned down
Hi

No-one has found a way to do so.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

nsanderson
Astra Model: 1.4T SRi 150
Astra Options: Parking sensors, under boot storage
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by nsanderson » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 am

Mine's in for its second year service next week and I've asked the dealer to see if they can be turned down and/or desensitized as they are just f-ing irritating. They're also very slow to react to tell you how close you are to things which is their only purpose!

The factory fit ones in the J were so much better.
1.4T (150) SRi - Deep Sky Blue with Parking Sensors

Grumpy1954

Post by Grumpy1954 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Lol I understand what you all mean I frequently press the button to temporarily turn them off. What drives me crazy is supermarket car parks, when people insist on walking so close to the front or rear of the car they kick off big time.
I suppose it might make them aware how close to the car they are, but imho anyone dumb enough to wallk closely behind a reversing car is not going to take any notice of the sensor noise. And parked? I've had one idiot lean back on the rear of the car (tourer) to have a rest, oblivious to both the noise and the fact I was sitting in it. Cheeky so and so.

nsanderson

Post by nsanderson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Car's been in for its service today and asked them to adjust the parking sensors for loudness and over-sensitivity. They say that they are either on or off and can't be adjusted!

So looks like we've got to suffer the annoying little bleepers! :x

Paulch

Post by Paulch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:19 pm

nsanderson wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:21 pm
Car's been in for its service today and asked them to adjust the parking sensors for loudness and over-sensitivity. They say that they are either on or off and can't be adjusted!

So looks like we've got to suffer the annoying little bleepers! :x
Hi

Maybe true of the dealer but Vauxhall could release a patch to do this after all most if not all of the cars equipment is controlled by firmware.

Cheers

Paul

nsanderson

Post by nsanderson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 am

Yes, they could patch it but we all know that they won't - they could just copy the J settings and all would be well.

Anyway, going forward, how annoying are the Peugeot/Citroen ones? That's what's going to be fitted sooner or later once the engine overhaul takes place!

Gellette

Post by Gellette » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi, from Spain is open request on Change.org for Opel/Vauxhall to update the software of our Astra K so that the parking sensors work in perfect condition, and the volume can be lowered from (30). Do you support us?

https://www.change.org/p/www-opel-es-af ... nk&utm_cam

Return to “Faults & Technical”