Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

Intellilux lights issue

41K views 54 replies 24 participants last post by  LunD^dk 
#1 ·
Does any one with the intelli lights get this warning. Hopefully picture attached

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
awlfc said:
Let me know what they come up with. I'll let you know what I'm told. Hopefully they can fix it as I find it dangerous for night driving
Safety issue and within warranty, Vx will have it sorted in a jiffy...

#17 ·
Has anyone else had this issue recently?

I did my first service on April 3rd and then had the engine ECU update done on May 10th and now I got this very same message "Headlight Leveling Malfunction" for the first time. Will I really have to book it in for the third time in little over a month? :shock: :shock:

#18 ·
Been getting the same two messages intermittently all winter, possibly every other week or so - Service Advanced Lighting / Service Headlamp Levelling or something similar. Sometimes high beam assist won't engage at all, but when it does, oncoming drivers start to flash, so they're obviously not working correctly. After switching off and leaving the car for a while, everything appears perfectly back to normal. Got it booked in for service next month and asked the dealer to have a look.

#19 ·
Damn, so it's very likely I'll see the same error message again in the future. Won't report it now, but if/when it does happen again I'll book it right away. Thanks!

#20 ·
Yesterday I got same error messages as @awlfc. They seems to be permanent as they appear every time I start the car. Already have an appointment with the dealer, since the outer rear lights are to be replaced since they are always moisty. Then they can take a look at the front lights as well.

#22 ·
I've had this issue for whole winter. Seems it is a leveling mechanism failure as it's mostly alarmed during low or no light conditions, when lights are suddenly switching (night, tunnels etc).

I went to a dealer to solve this and they decided to replace right headlight - whole lamp, not some parts.

Go ahead with your cars. It probably costs a fortune after warranty period.

#23 ·
Yesterday I had the yellow sign for headlights permanently on, while speeding up in 170 km/h. After slowing down the light turned off. Speeding again up the light turned on at 180.
No fault message was shown on speedo screen.
First time this happened on high speeds. Does anybody knows if this is normal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.