Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Intellilink 900 Navi software update

Post by Finston Pickle » Fri May 19, 2017 7:58 pm

I had my car in for this recall.

When I got there, service informed me it was for an HMI issue - things going blank - nothing specific to the Sat Nav was mentioned. I smelled a slight rat.

5 hours later, I picked up the car. The service agent told me that the update had physically taken 3 1/2 hours to prepare specifically for my car on a usb stick, which was then used to feed the data into the Can Bus system. Which ECUs were updated is anybody's guess.

I noticed when I picked up my car that the engine was fully warmed up. Funny - I wonder who has taken my car up to Blackpool - I thought.

Now I read on other threads that running up to speed for a period of time is part of at least some of the updates. How many updates are there, I wonder. Are we all getting the same one?

The only thing that I have noticed so far is that the radio presets had been lost and FM radio is now far louder than DAB - also DAB hung up whilst searching.

What other settings will I need to restore - does anyone have experience of this software update?
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Intellilink 900 Navi software update

Post by Paulch » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi

Maybe it would be worth taking a back up via USB (it's in one of the menus) before it goes in for any future updates. You should then be able to restore your settings afterwards.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

SiMac
Astra Model: Techline 1.0T
Astra Colour: Royal Blue

Post by SiMac » Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 am

Mine has been blank for over a week and they are saying they can't fix it (discussed in a separate topic) I'm not best pleased

Finston Pickle
Astra Model: 1.6 Petrol Turbo SRI Nav Sports tourer
Astra Options: AGR seats;Wntr Pk;Sp Whl;S/Rf;Tints;CD plyr;P/Sens
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Finston Pickle » Wed May 31, 2017 9:42 am

I wonder if this update altered other settings than SatNav?

I opened the car up on a straight piece of clear dual carriageway - full bore in third - to keep the engine clear.

I experienced a definite feeling of an uncommanded swerve to the right - couple of feet, say, followed by a similar swerve to the left.

Poor surface? Tramlining? - never had this before.
1.6 SIDI Petrol Turbo SRI Nav
AGR seats; Winter Pack; Spare Wheel; Sun Roof; Tinted Rear Windows; CD player; Parking Sensors

Return to “Faults & Technical”