Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
User avatar
mattonecz
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:16 am
Astra Model: Enjoy 1.4T 125
Astra Options: front and rear park. sensors, dual clima
Astra Colour: white
Location: Czech republic

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by mattonecz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Scotty_b wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:34 pm
mattonecz wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:14 am
Hi.
I can. 1000miles done with new oil with no problem. Using 95 RON.
Can floor it at 2000rpm in 5th gear and no problem.
Was this just an oil and filter change?
No, i got half new engine and engine cleaned from carbon. I think that if you only get new oil , it will take some time to clean the engine, and some parts may not get cleaned. Like valves
1.4T 92kW, Enjoy - Dual AC, front and rear park sensors, 17"


Ivanzu
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:50 am
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Ivanzu » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:25 pm

I think that stuttering is caused from too much carbon build up in the engine so ECU tries to compensate and ends up making the engine stutter. TSI engines has the same problem when carbon builds up on the injectors and valves.
The reason for so much carbon on low mileage engines is because of wrong oil and LSPI which causes over fueling of the engine.


Redman
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 pm
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Redman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi All
Had my oil put in today (D1 G2) on my service and they gave me the remaining oil in the container. The car felt better after the service but I reckon it was mostly psychological, as I knew it had the new oil in. This oil also vastly reduces turbo deposits, as one of the previous additives in the old oil contributed heavily to that.
Arnold Clarke actually sent me an email with a video link of my cars inspection, thought that was a nice touch, never had that done before on previous services.
I must thank the people on this forum for bringing this oil to my attention, because had I not rang the service department prior to my service with this knowledge, they would have used the old dexos 2. The service manager actually said that they had been instructed by head office to use D2 until sufficient stock of the new oil was available.

Steve


CharlieMike
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by CharlieMike » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 am

I don't like the fact head office is telling them to continue using the old and no longer recommended (I.e. INCORRECT) oil. People go in for a service and expect it to be done properly but could end up driving anther 12k miles on the wroing oil, potentially damaging their engines in the process. I wouldn't go there again. Who knows what else they'll try to get away with.


Scotty_b
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 pm
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Scotty_b » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:24 am

Exactly, I rang about 4 dealers and only one sad they knew about the oil and had plenty in stock. Strangely I spoke to the parts guy as he does the ordering.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.


oastra
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by oastra » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am

That politics... they don't want to tell dealers they have too much stock (not only 5 liters but barils), that Opel will not take back, but they take a mecanical risk for the motors.
Remember also that the new oil is only available in 5 liters can for now.. not barils and competitive/better price...
OastrA


Redman
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 pm
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Redman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 am

CharlieMike wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 am
I don't like the fact head office is telling them to continue using the old and no longer recommended (I.e. INCORRECT) oil. People go in for a service and expect it to be done properly but could end up driving anther 12k miles on the wroing oil, potentially damaging their engines in the process. I wouldn't go there again. Who knows what else they'll try to get away with.
Hi
I agree with you regarding the above, but Arnold Clarke Stretford have been a good garage for me over the years. They have been honest regarding the oil isn't in great supply but is getting there. I believe vx say use D2 until D1 G2 is readily available.
They probably work on the assumption that most owners won't pick up on it. Not ethical I know.


Redman
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 pm
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Redman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 am

oastra wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am
That politics... they don't want to tell dealers they have too much stock (not only 5 liters but barils), that Opel will not take back, but they take a mecanical risk for the motors.
Remember also that the new oil is only available in 5 liters can for now.. not barils and competitive/better price...
Hi
So it would cost vx/opel more money to compensate the dealers for getting rid of their present large stock of D2 oil than possible claims on engine damage to cars. Short sighted view, they may loose business in the long run. I will think twice before my next car purchase.

Steve


Scotty_b
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 9:11 pm
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri
Astra Colour: Summit White

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Scotty_b » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm

I've had the Gen2 put in this morning and I have to say it has really improved the smoothness of the engine. It's far more than Placebo effect and the car pulls far better in 3rd from 2k rpm. The old Dexos 2 oil was only in the car for 200mls.

I have the remaining 0.5 litre in the car if I need to top up.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white.


Redman
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 pm
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Dexos 1 Generation 2 Oil for Turbo 1.4 Astra K

Post by Redman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Scotty_b wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm
I've had the Gen2 put in this morning and I have to say it has really improved the smoothness of the engine. It's far more than Placebo effect and the car pulls far better in 3rd from 2k rpm. The old Dexos 2 oil was only in the car for 200mls.

I have the remaining 0.5 litre in the car if I need to top up.
Hi
Good to hear you got correct oil. I thought mine ran better aswell and if you thought the same then as you say not the placebo effect. I think I will replace the oil myself in 6 months time just for peace of mind.

Steve


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests