Auto HeadLight Latency

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
bigrick
Astra Model: 1.6tdi Inovatiion
Astra Options: IntelliLux

Re: Auto HeadLight Latency

Post by bigrick » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Did the upgrade yesterday, but no change.
Everytime I drive from a garage into sunlight, it doesn't turn off the ligths (led mattrix in my case).
Its very annoying because of the inside displays, which turn dark, and unreadable in daylight.
Calling hot line and open a case....

Sparkz0629

Post by Sparkz0629 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 pm

bigrick wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm
Did the upgrade yesterday, but no change.
Everytime I drive from a garage into sunlight, it doesn't turn off the ligths (led mattrix in my case).
Its very annoying because of the inside displays, which turn dark, and unreadable in daylight.
Calling hot line and open a case....
Did this ever get resolved?
Same issues from my side.

astraalecs

Post by astraalecs » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:10 am

Have the same issue. If I start the car in a dark spot the lights will sometimes go on and stay on even in full sunlight. What I find is that if I restart the car the lights will start to work correctly.

The joke for me is that the dealership blamed the dash mat on the car until I told them it did it without it on. Their solution was to reflash the computer which worked for about a week.

Any thoughts? One person suggested that the sensitivity of the lights is adjustable.

Top Cat
Astra Model: SRi 150
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Top Cat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:59 pm

I have exactly the same issue - sun visor down to shield my eyes and the headlights are on.
Has anyone found a definitive fix for this - I want mine fixed before the warranty expires?

1900sr
Astra Model: 2015 SRi 1.0
Astra Options: None
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by 1900sr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 pm

Mine went in yesterday, for the umpteenth time, different dealer. They recalibrated the front camera module, and have told me to see how it goes. My warranty is out on Saturday, but they have said that if they haven't cured it they will honour the warranty as the fault was reported before it ran out.

It seems to me they get confused by a low sun (maybe they are programmed to come on with a low sun as it it's behind you it's not a bad thing to have your lights on so that oncoming traffic can see you more easily). It's a shame it triggers the dimmed display though.
1.0i Turbo SRi, Power Red, 4 years old and paid for.

Return to “Faults & Technical”