Clutch and brakes recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Boomslang1812

Clutch and brakes recall

Post by Boomslang1812 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:15 am

Hi, i have an opel astra k 2017 diesel manual transmission and i am dealing with clutch pedal sticking to the floor and long tavel brake. I never heard of this recall so i changed myself the master cylinder clutch but still have the same problem. Now i took it to opel detailer and i have some questions please : Is it normal that they ask for the Maintenance book and the bills For changing the oil and filter?. Can they reject the repair if i did change the oil in a garage exterior to opel detailer? Hoping they accept to repair free of charge, what are the components they have to change? Is there an update of the software required? Should they repay me for tye the master cylinder clutch. Thank you

Redman
Astra Model: Astra elite nav 150
Astra Colour: red

Re: Clutch and brakes recall

Post by Redman » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 am

Hi
I personnally wouldnt mention to the dealer you have been swapping any parts, let alone wanting paying for them. It may be an excuse for them to refuse to rectify the issue.

I dont think they can refuse to do it on the grounds it hasn't been servied by a dealership. It is a recall and therefore safety related. Vauxhall/opel officially joined the forum to encourage people to get this work done, that told me they were concerned. They haven't joined the forum discussions for any other tsb's or recalls such as ecu reprogramming and correct oil use.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:34 pm

They can not refuse to fix it, atleast in my country every registered owner got a letter to go to a vauxhall dealer to have it fixed, free of charge.

The reason being, that this is potentially a security issue, as you might suddenly lose the ability to brake and/or disengage the engine, via the clutch pedal.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Boomslang1812

Post by Boomslang1812 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:56 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll keep you informed on how it goes. I'm in Morocco by the way, anyone here with the same problem from o my country...

Boomslang1812

Post by Boomslang1812 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi everyone, i got the approval from the concession to fix it, they ordered the parts and i m waiting for their call to bring the car. Thank you again