Android auto

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Re: Android auto

Post by danh23 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:04 am

When on android auto page in the car can use spotify or any other music applications click play then pause that should stop the music
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

Nofear

Post by Nofear » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:20 am

astraowner wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:14 am
scorpion wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:05 pm
Hi all need some help ,I am using my smart phone as a sat nav with android auto which does work OK the problem I have is I can't turn the music off in the car while it's working ,if I mute the radio there's no sound from the sat nav and I don't want the radio playing all the time ,is there any way I can shut the radio off and only have the sound from the sat nav ? I seem to have tried everything but can't find a way .thanks in advance for any suggestions .
You probably have the R4.0 radio with an early firmware.

In the later firmwares the audio and navigation volumes were split into two volume sliders, but for the older ones, there is only one shared, making it impossible to turn down the radio/music, without turning down the navigation guideance voice as well.

If you want to know the firmware revision of your radio, go to the secret menu and find the appropriate section, where there will be a firmware version and a release date.

Here is a thread about the various firmware revisions, mine is the oldest on the list and i have this problem as well.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5593&p=50915&hilit ... ons#p50915

You need to visit vauxhall to have the firmware updated....Expect them to charge you for atleast one hour of labor and also expect that some dealers dont know how to do this.
Hi, the video has been removed? How do I find the secret menu please.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am

Nofear wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:20 am
Hi, the video has been removed? How do I find the secret menu please.
Yeah, this video has been up for a long time, dont know why the author took it down.

Anyway, this video shows the same proces on how to enter the secret menu.

Please dont adjust anything in there unless you know what you are doing :)

2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Nofear

Post by Nofear » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:42 am

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question - how will I know what version of Intellilink I have?

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:54 am

Nofear wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:42 am
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question - how will I know what version of Intellilink I have?
Easy

R4.0 has one central knob

r40.jpg

Navi 900 has 2 knobs

navi 900.jpg

If you "only" have the R4.0, dont be sad, the Navigation is not that good, requires frequent expensive updates, and you can just use Android Auto or Apple Carplay and you will have free, always uptodate navigation, using google maps.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Nofear

Post by Nofear » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:15 pm

I have R4 then.

scorpion
Astra Model: astra 1.4t turbo 150 bhp
Astra Options: sri
Astra Colour: summit white

Post by scorpion » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 pm

I wonder if there's any Astra owners on here had this firmware update done as I don't want to have it done and still have the same issue ,the way it is at the moment if you have android auto working you can't have the phone ,or media music playing at the same time because it won't let you connect Bluetooth when android auto is connected you can have one or the other , the other picture showing the two controls has the sat nav built in so you wouldn't need android auto working anyway if this is the version you have ,the question is what are the benefits of this firmware update ? will it solve my problem of the radio playing when I don't want it ? would it allow me to have Bluetooth connected as well so I can have the media music muted and still have the voice from the sat nav ? Ime still a bit confused here.

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 pm

scorpion wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 pm
I wonder if there's any Astra owners on here had this firmware update done as I don't want to have it done and still have the same issue ,the way it is at the moment if you have android auto working you can't have the phone ,or media music playing at the same time because it won't let you connect Bluetooth when android auto is connected you can have one or the other , the other picture showing the two controls has the sat nav built in so you wouldn't need android auto working anyway if this is the version you have ,the question is what are the benefits of this firmware update ? will it solve my problem of the radio playing when I don't want it ? would it allow me to have Bluetooth connected as well so I can have the media music muted and still have the voice from the sat nav ? Ime still a bit confused here.
Well i know of atleast 3 things that should be solved from 2015 firmware for R4.0 to the newest.

1. Android auto 9/10 times gives just a black screen when connecting the phone.

2. Saved radio channel, RDS labels does not go missing (When saving a radio station, the RDS name of the station is not displayed always, sometimes there is only the frequency).

3. Radio and navigation volumes are seperate in newer versions so you can turn down music and still have navigation voice guideance.

Maybe there are more differences i do not know of.

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm

I don't think there is an update from when they said there working on 1
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

astraowner

Post by astraowner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 pm

danh23 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:42 pm
I don't think there is an update from when they said there working on 1
Agreed, i also fully expect that i will get the december 2017 firmware and that this will be the last one they ever release for the R4.0

Especially now that the new astra's from MY 2020, will have an all new HMI unit with upgraded processing power and options.

Very poor that they sell a car that can easily last 10+ years and then end support for it this fast.

This is what i would expect from a cheap China android radio, but not when it is a radio that is put in from the factory.

Worst part is that this is actually an LG radio, this means that it is probably LG that develops the hardware and firmware, and from what i have read elsewhere, LG actually still develop and fix bugs, but the reason we wont get it, is because VX opted to not buy the updates.

Return to “Faults & Technical”