Service

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Astra K
Fizzydrink
Astra Model: Astra k 1.4T Sri
Astra Colour: Black

Service

Post by Fizzydrink » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Just had my car serviced yesterday and am getting a few faults sorted out but my problem is which oil they used during the change? Reading on here it appears that the new Dexos 1 generation 2 oil is what should be used. I asked this question to the service advisor who to be honest was more interested in how her hair looked!!?

Anyway I was told that “we always check which oil is to be used”. My service book has been stamped but there is a tick against dexos 2 . I am now wondering if they have used the new preferred oil?. Am seriously thinking of doing an oil change myself just to make sure. Would appreciate any advice
1.4T SRI Carbon Flash

PACMANIA

Re: Service

Post by PACMANIA » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm

If in doubt about the oil dexo by it then go to local kiwk fit or local garage then get it changed

albany
Astra Model: Tech line 1.4 125ps
Astra Options: space saver spare wheel
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Re: Service

Post by albany » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:26 pm

If it was done at a Vauxhall Dealer the correct oil will have been used, but instead of wondering just ask them not her but the Service Manager,do what I do I always ask what oil is going to be used if it's not the right oil I make sure the correct oil is used, and if its from a 5 litre can I always ask for what's left over still in the can of course,them look at the invoice before I pay to see what they have listed,my local Vauxhall Dealer hate it when I book my car in only use them until the warranty runs out then I go back to my local garage.
Tech Line 1.4t 125ps Emerald Green, space saver wheel.

Return to “Faults & Technical”