Astra Model: Astra K Sports Tourer 1.4T S/S Enjoy 2016
Astra Colour: granite gray

Re: Mobile phone for IntelliLink

Post by laczi23 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm

1900sr wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm
laczi23 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:46 pm
Not till now, but now I tried an original Samsung cable with the same result. May I ask, what your Intellilink sw version is? I have no other idea now, only a sw upgrade.
There is a recent update that sorts a lot of Intellilink problems out, although some dealers seem better than others at applying it. I found mine would only connect properly if I put the key in the ignition, then connected the phone, and then turned the key to start the car or turn the stereo on. After the update (and a replacement headunit) it seems reliable now.
I tried the sequence you wrote, but without any result. I will ask the dealer, if there is a software update.

laczi23

Post by laczi23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Well, I asked a dealer about sw update. It costs about £215. It seems to be a robbery to me to ask such an amount for a sw update to a half year old car, that is still under warranty. And I am even not sure that it would fix my problem.

IanCurtis
Astra Model: Astra 1.0T Enjoy 2016 and Astra 1.0T Enjoy 2016
Astra Colour: Power Red and Magnetic Silver

Post by IanCurtis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm

I would be surprised if you would need a software update to your Intellilink 4 as you have both Android Auto and Apple Carplay active on your system. I too have the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and an older Astra than you. At first I had huge problems with getting AA to work. It worked one time out of ten, but when I updated my phone to Android system 6 in February from 5 and downloaded the latest version of AA, it now works nine times out of ten. Do you run version 6 of Android on your phone?

laczi23

Post by laczi23 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:35 pm

I have Android version 6.0.1. I checked, this is the latest available sw. I have Android Auto version 2.1.704903. Im my country (Hungary) the Android Auto cannot be downloaded from Google Play. So I downloaded it from apkmirror.com. I read here in the forum that others did the same.
It is very promising that your S5 Neo works even in an older Astra, but now it is even more confusing that mine does not work. Is there any special settings in Android Auto?

IanCurtis

Post by IanCurtis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 pm

I have the same versions on phone and AA as you. And I live in Sweden, so I have also sideloaded AA from APKMirror. Strange that it do not work for you. I always have to wait until the car and phone is connected via bluetooth, before I attach the USB cable, otherwise AA do not connect. In AA settings when I open it outside the car from the phone I have "Limit Wi-Fi" turned Off, in "Attached Cars" I have Opel, in "Automatic start" is On, and Opel Intellilink is on and "Use bluetooth when AA is on" is Off.

Does AA work when you use it from your phone?

laczi23

Post by laczi23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:23 pm

I waited until the car connected via Bluetooth. I started AA on the phone. Then I attached the USB cable. The car display says that the connection has to be terminated before attaching AA. It seems that only one connection channel is available, and AA tries to have it. If I press "proceed", the Bluetooth connection breaks, but AA does not connect. In "Accepted cars" I have none, as I have never succeded to connect. In "Rejected cars" I have none. "Add new cars to Android Auto" is on. "Auto launch" is on. In "Auto launch devices" OPEL Intellilink is on. "Turn Bluetooth on when AA is running" is on. You wrote off, but it only switches on Bluetooth when I start AA. So I do not have to manually switch on Bluetooth.

Yes, AA works on my phone.

IanCurtis

Post by IanCurtis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 pm

In AA settings on my phone outside the car the setting "activate bluetooth when AA is running" is not checked. I never start AA from my phone before I connect it to the car USB, I just wait until the phone and Intellilink is connected, attach to USB, then I get a window on the Intellilink screen asking me if I want to change to AA.

It seems that your car isn't connected properly to your car. I suggest that you try the following:
Either delete and reinstall AA or go to settings/apps and click on AA and force quit.
Take the phone to your car, let it connect to bluetooth/handsfree.
Attach the USB cable and go through the set up process on your phone. At least I think that is what I did to make it work. I am not 100 percent sure if the set up process automatically was before or after I attached the phone to the USB cable. I did not have to start AA from the phone first, though.

laczi23

Post by laczi23 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:15 pm

I reinstalled AA. I tried the sequence you wrote. And I tried every settings I could think up. When I connect the USB cable, I always get a pop-up window on the car's display. It says:
Changing devices
Connecting Android Auto disconnects the Galaxy S5 Neo Bluetooth device.
Pushbuttons: Change and Interrupt
I tried both, but nothing happens. I get the same pop-up window, if I push the "Projection" button.

IanCurtis

Post by IanCurtis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 pm

I also get the pop-up window on my Intellilink display when I connect my phone to USB. I click to change and then almost always AA starts. What happens on your display? Is is a dark screen? Do you get the AA button instead of the projection button if you connect your phone and go to your home screen on Intellilink?
If you don't get your phone to work with AA, maybe you have a friend that can download AA on another phone and try it in your car?

laczi23

Post by laczi23 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:11 pm

No dark screen. I get back the original Intellilink home display. I have never seen AA button instead of the projection button, though I read that it should be.
I had the same idea, but unfortunately my wife's phone has a 4.x Android (5.0 required for AA). I haven't asked any friend of mine yet. It is a bit touchy to ask installing a sw on his/her phone, that is not even in Google Play. But I will ask somebody anyway.

Return to “Faults & Technical”