Aussie Astra K | RS-V Spec

Post pictures of your Astra K here
aaaaplay
Astra Model: RS-V 1.6T
Astra Options: Touring Pack (Adaptive Cruise/Sunroof)
Astra Colour: Nitrate Silver

Re: Aussie Astra K | RS-V Spec

Post by aaaaplay » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:29 pm

I ended up picking up an RS-V with touring pack and auto for $22,900.

spooler

Post by spooler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:59 am

Where did you source the Eibach springs from ?

mattav
Astra Model: 2017
Astra Options: RS-V Touring Pack
Astra Colour: Summit White

Post by mattav » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 am

Hey Ausastra2 good to hear you got yours coated in Opticoat too. The new Pro product is meant to give amazing results. I had the original Opticoat on my last car & was impressed with that so can't wait for this one to be applied. I always use the 2 bucket method & microfiber mitts :)

aaaaplay - Congrats! that's a great price, so much car for the money isn't it! consdering a base model Corolla is $22k or something ridiculous & it's CVT too - Yuck. They're like driving a white goods appliance, boring as bat you know what... Features galour on the RS-V in comparison.
You'll enjoy your Astra, the Adaptive Cruise Control is fantastic! well worth the extra $ alone & the sunroof up sepc's the car dramatically. I can't wait to use my heated seats & steering wheel more now that its cooling down.

spooler I got the Eibach springs from eBay (coming from Germany), around $A360 shipped which is about the same as King Springs in Aus which are the only brand I could find stocked / developed locally in Aus - I woudn't go King Springs anyway but was interested in the price difference especially being shipped from Germany - The product code if you want to search is E10-65-031-01-22.

spooler

Post by spooler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:35 am

Nice Matt, should look good once fitted.

Did you decide on wheels yet ?

AUS

Post by AUS » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:58 pm

mattav wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 am
Small update, was going to post pics once installed but it could be a few weeks off :x

* Eibach Pro Springs ordered (we don't stock these locally in Aus).
* Xenon HID Conversion Kit ordered (tossed up between LED & Xenon but in the end decided on Xenon) - might change this down the track, will see how the performance of the HID's go.
* LED rear turn signals ordered.

Opticoat & Window tint booked in next week,

Looking forward to getting these installed & the paint / tints done :)
I've never lowered a car of mine nor know a whole lot about it, but why did you go for eibach over king springs? Also how much are you being charged for opticoat? Had the ming mole call me up and offer me $695 for ting (cancer council approved) and $2190 for whatever there paint protection offer is. I said no as I've already had a quote of $400 for tint, but haven't looked into paint protection.

mattav

Post by mattav » Wed May 02, 2018 1:58 am

Hi AUS, I picked Eibach over any other brand purely on feedback I had read around the forums about a more compliant ride quality & suited better to the Astra. King Springs, H&R etc I've heard are alot harder in ride comfort.

I wouldn't do dealership protection package myself, I know guys who work in the trade & the workmanship / application of the actual product is generally very poor. A mate who is a rep for Permagaurd which is a good product (Holden and alot of dealerships use) hate going out for warranty issues on cars that have been treated / applied via a dealsership package, he said they're so sparingly & poorly applied he will usually end up spending more time than he should fixing a mark or a stain (bird dropping accid etc) that shouldn't be there & also re-doing the whole pannel not just a spot.

I had my windows tinted & Opticoat Pro applied by an independent for $1,100

Hope that helps.

mattav

Post by mattav » Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 am

Eibach Springs are fitted, only been on a couple of drives but am very very happy with how it drives, not harsh what so ever.
Wasn't sure if 30mm was a big enough drop to close in the huge gaps on from the tyres to the wheel arches but it's actually perfect, doesn't look slammed or screaming out hey I've dropped the car! subtly I like. Glad I didn't go 40mm in the end. Looks like it should from standard in my opinion, very similar to that of how my previous BMW sat.

I also got -2 degree's of camber all round, stance looks good.

Pics to come hopefully over the weekend I'll take some.

Honey Badger
Astra Model: Elite Nav VX-Line
Astra Colour: White

Post by Honey Badger » Sat May 19, 2018 10:24 pm

mattav wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 am
Eibach Springs are fitted, only been on a couple of drives but am very very happy with how it drives, not harsh what so ever.
Wasn't sure if 30mm was a big enough drop to close in the huge gaps on from the tyres to the wheel arches but it's actually perfect, doesn't look slammed or screaming out hey I've dropped the car! subtly I like. Glad I didn't go 40mm in the end. Looks like it should from standard in my opinion, very similar to that of how my previous BMW sat.

I also got -2 degree's of camber all round, stance looks good.

Pics to come hopefully over the weekend I'll take some.
Looking forward to see the pics as I think it may help me decide to lower mine or not.

astraalecs

Post by astraalecs » Sun May 20, 2018 3:22 am

Hi, was wondering where you got your Eibach springs. Want to ensure that what I order from overseas is the genuine article.

Got quoted $450 for King Springs supplied and fitted but feel they will be a harsher ride compared to Eibachs.

mattav

Post by mattav » Mon May 21, 2018 3:17 am

Got my Eibach springs from eBay - part number E10-65-031-01-22, was around AUD $355 delivered from Poland.

AUD $450 for supply & fit of any set of srpings is very cheap, you'd also need to factor in a wheel alignment. I looked into King Springs too (only local option around) but decided to go with European springs as the car is European & feedback on the Eibach's has always been positive.

I haven't had a chance to take proper pics however a quick onr I snapped the day I had them installed;

Return to “Members Gallery”