Post pictures of your Astra K here
mattav
Astra Model: 2017
Astra Options: RS-V Touring Pack
Astra Colour: Summit White

Aussie Astra K | RS-V Spec

Post by mattav » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:08 am

Hi Everyone,

After many many months of pondering I've taken ownership of a new Astra K, I was going to put this in the Introductions section but plan to lightly mod the car (nothing mechanical ) & will be posting up the changes as they happen.

This is my 3rd Astra, guess you could say I like them?

It's an RS-V with Touring Pack, one down from the top of the range called the Innovations pack here in Australia which adds the Intellilux headlights to the Sunroof & Adaptive Cruise Control, unfortunately there where no new or demo cars in Aus left with this option unless I wanted to put in a factory order, pay an exuberant price for it (an extra $4k on the RRP price) & wait for it to come into the country - no thanks!
The car is fully loaded with gear at this spec & nicely finished.

I've only driven it 3 times, but initial impressions are positive, it's going to be an easy car to live with, comfortable & quite cabin, suspension is on the soft side to my preference but handling is well balanced. The 1.6 turbo is a perky little unit, love the whistle of the turbo with the windows down, I found myself with the stereo turned off and windows down just listening to it whistle & purr away.

I opted for the 6 speed manual (hate auto's), the clutch is super super high, I'm still getting use to it and the relatively long throw of the shifter. As the car breaks in (only got 400kms / 250miles on it) I'll see how I adjust to the clutch and shifter - might look into an M-Tech Short Shifter but concious of warranty.

Love all the safety / active gear it has & was one of the final deciders along with being able to get the Touring Pack with Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist works well (got to get use to indicating well before you attempt to leave your land otherwise the steering wheel will fight you off moving over!) & the Adaptive Cruise is one of the smoother ones I have used (first time using it in a manual too).

That should do it for now, some pics & more updates to come :)

Ausastra2
Astra Model: KB Hatch RS-V 1.6 turbo Petrol Auto
Astra Options: Touring Pack

Re: Aussie Astra K | RS-V Spec

Post by Ausastra2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:31 am

Hi Mattav, Nice choice I'm in Brisbane and chose the RSV with the auto and touring pack(No flashy headlights). We've had the Astra since july last year and still love it. Look forward to see your mods. cheers.

AUS

Post by AUS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:05 am

Nice purchase, can I ask how long the wait would have been for the innovations package? Also what mods are you thinking of?

Still trying to get around to purchase my car, but still deciding on what color. (I'm thinking white and get the OEM wheels black). Would have got around to this last week, but had someone reverse into my cars front quarter panel :x :x :x and not leave a note, so I now need to wait 2 weeks to get it fixed (paint less dent removal, ill see how it goes) Hope it comes up decent and doesn't effect my trade in price.

Scotty_b
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 Sri

Post by Scotty_b » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:27 am

Stunning.

Love the RSV badge instead of the Turbo.
Astra K 1.4T 150 SRi, Summit white. De-Chromed with gloss black.

BRUCE225
Astra Model: ASTRA SRI VX-LINE NAV
Astra Colour: DEEP SKY BLUE

Post by BRUCE225 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Can I ask on the rear diffuser do you have fins in the middle can't see on the picture.

mattav

Post by mattav » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 am

Gotta say the White really pops on these cars in the top spec, I was torn between Summit White & Power Red but my last Astra was Red & I've always been a White car guy at heart - they look fresh, classy & sporty.

Nice to see some fellow Aussies on here too!, Ausastra2 & AUS :)
The dealer couldn't give me a definite answer on wait time for ordered vehicle & alluded to some MY18 / 2018 models currently on water heading to us but couldn't say if my preference was available (White, Manual, Innovations) - they also said one or possibly both option packs in Australia will be discontinued / not being brought into the country going forward unless a factory order is put in (minimal room for negotiations there if you do that!) due to the price & low uptake. There is now only demo's with the Touring Pack available & a couple Innovations (mostly Autos).

Mods i'm looking at are purely aesthetic, it's going to be my daily drive car for work commuting & am just looking to lower it slightly, improve the stance & install LED/HID headlights at this stage,

Bruce225 - Yes there are 2 fins in the middle of the rear diffuser :)

BRUCE225
Astra Model: ASTRA SRI VX-LINE NAV
Astra Colour: DEEP SKY BLUE

Post by BRUCE225 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:20 pm

mattav wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 am
Got the 1.4T version (VX-LINE in the Uk) and thinking about twin exhaust mod...seen the single pipe on a VX-LIne BI Turbo and that had the fins and looked good 8-)

mattav

Post by mattav » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:42 am

BRUCE225 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:20 pm
mattav wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 am

Got the 1.4T version (VX-LINE in the Uk) and thinking about twin exhaust mod...seen the single pipe on a VX-LIne BI Turbo and that had the fins and looked good 8-)

Nice! the twin exhaust & rear diffuser definitely looks good 8-)

spooler

Post by spooler » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:10 am

Welcome fellow Aussie.. I have an R+ and recent also picked up an RS-V Manual with the Innovation Pack for $19K thanks to Holden's crazy/extreme depreciation. Matrix Headlights are amazing..

Look forward to updates on your lovely example.

mattav

Post by mattav » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:42 am

Good work spooler!

Is your RS-V with innovation pack auto or manual? that's an amazing price, I saw one for $22k in manual but was well used & I wanted new.

Return to “Members Gallery”