Going for STEALTH Black

28K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  Grotty 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Just showing the progress of my Astra so far:
- Black OEM Alloy Wheels
- Black Door edge finishes
- Black Rear Emblem
- Black Front Grill (deciding whether to do the front Emblem as well)
- H7 LED headlights
- Rear LED Number plate lights
- True 3D next Gen number plates
- Car Mats

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
morgoth said:
Interesting, you should definitely get these as well.

Also what LED headlight bulbs did you get and how well they perform?
Hey Morgoth, thank you for the link i will defo be looking into changing the side lights.

The H7 led i purchased are NINEO H7 LED Headlight Bulb, CREE XPL Chip, Cool White Conversion Kit 60W 6000K 7,200Lm from amazon.
They perform amazing, only now and again i get the bulb warning light.

Attachments

#9 ·
Just a quick update on the car. Finally gave it a quick clean so took a few picks over the weekend drive to Nottingham. I tried to install limo tints myself but made a real Mess of it.

If anyone wants to DM me prices or know anybody I want to get two jobs done.

1 - limo tint all rear windows
2 - paint front brake callipars Red

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Hey AdieMcc, Yh i have been trying to look around for quotes but in my area they are charging a lot to be honest. Im getting quotes for like £150 for just the rear! I found one guy for £80 rear and £20 sunstrip so hopefully booking in with him soon. Defo want tints to give the car more of a darker look

#18 ·
bernieeccles said:
Well it takes all sorts to make a world I suppose, but I think it looks horrible.

I just don't understand this "all black" thing at all.
Thanks for you opinion bernieeccles. I never like the silver/chrome finishes ever on the cars i owned and always loved the look of when Vauxhall started to bring out the black rims for their Corsa a few years back. i know it will not be everyones taste but just sharing so if anyone else is interested can always DM and ask how it was done.

#19 ·
Scotty_b said:
The dot matrix on the rear windows is pretty obvious on the K. Tinting will leave you a nice line around this and look a bit odd.
Hey Scotty_b, Yh when i tried installing tints myself I get what your saying. and the rear window is small in terms of the actually part being tinted. Just going to trial and error it but I really miss my privacy lol

#20 ·
Supermann25 said:
bernieeccles said:
Well it takes all sorts to make a world I suppose, but I think it looks horrible.

I just don't understand this "all black" thing at all.
Thanks for you opinion bernieeccles. I never like the silver/chrome finishes ever on the cars i owned and always loved the look of when Vauxhall started to bring out the black rims for their Corsa a few years back. i know it will not be everyones taste but just sharing so if anyone else is interested can always DM and ask how it was done.
Fair enough, maybe it's because I'm an old git !

#25 ·
Scotty_b said:
Love it. How did the heater controls come out?
Thanks Scotty_b. The heater controls unit has trim cover on top which can be removed using trim tool. I had to move the whole centre console forward though to remove the trim safely.

Just incase you didn't know how to do this
- using trim tool remove silver trim around the gear stick and remove two screws either side.
- the centre console is held by 8 clips, just pull centre console towards you gentle.
- using trim tool remove all centre console trim (around silver trim gearstick, poweflex section and heater section)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.