Astra Sports Tourer 1.4 turbo Dynamic

Post pictures of your Astra K here
Ty5500

Astra Sports Tourer 1.4 turbo Dynamic

Post by Ty5500 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi guys,

Been posting already a bit on the forum while i was waiting for the delivery of my car. But received today a mail to tell me my car was delivered. Unfortunately they still need to do paperwork and stuff so pickup is only foreseen wednesday or thursday next week.
But couldn't hold myself and went to the garage today to already check the car.

Color looks lovely in my opinion in real life. only saw it on pictures. It's granite gray (beige gray?) so one of the last produced. The parking was filled with astra's in that color though. Almost no other colors.

I noticed however that the car has the bridgestone tires. I read topics complaining about the tires and even people considering buying new tires because they make too much noise. Maybe i've been reading already too much on forums and people just exagerate,will have to find out how they behave when i can really pick up the car.

Ty5500

Re: Astra Sports Tourer 1.4 turbo Dynamic

Post by Ty5500 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:11 am

I've been riding with the car now for the first few days. So far i'm really pleased with the car.

What i've discovered so far:
-Even with 18 inch wheels the ride comfort surely is acceptable for me (coming from a French car with 16 inch wheels). You do feel some imperfections on the road. I noticed that the tire pressure is up to 300 (3 bar) from factory while you can drop it to at least 220 (2,2 bar). This will probably help a lot, didn't do it yet though. It's a bit more noisy than my previous car on highways but still ok so far.
-The interior of the K looks lovely. A bit of gray alu (instead of all the piano black) would however have been welcome though. Everything is black (even the roof) with an sri.
-Android auto: love the waze naivigation. Still trying the other functions. The stock navi really looks outdated?
-Engine: got the 1.4 turbo 150 PS Start/stop manual. It doesn't feel as punchy as you'd expect from 150 ps. I'm still however taking it quite easy on the engine (max 4.000 rpm, no full throttle or sport) till i have +500 kilometers on it. Really curious how it will behave when i really push it. Fuel consumption is quite high (+/- 8 liters) but i'm pretty sure this still has to go down when it has more kilometers.

Anyone got an idea why they leave that much space unused under the boot floot? No wonder it doesn't have the biggest boot in it's class. And this is with a spare wheel included..

And some more photos:

Anupanu
Astra Model: Elite 1.6CDTi 110
Astra Options: Intellilux, Driver & Parking Pack, AGR Power Seats
Astra Colour: Emerald Green

Post by Anupanu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Great pictures ty5500

Nice to see LED on the rear of an ST. Do you have Intellilux?
Interesting that you feel Waze is much better than standard Sat Nav. When will companies realise they cannot compete with the likes of Waze or Google Maps even?
Finally, I am surprised by your boot picture. My Insignia (2012) ST has the same sort of gap above the spare, but it has been trimmed out and is a useful space for spare stuff, cloths, coats, bulbs etc. Penny pinching at GM no doubt
Had
5 Nova/Corsa
4 Astra, including current Elite in Emerald Green 1.6CDTi 110
4 Cavalier/Vectra/Insignia ST
Scotia Grey Discovery Sport HSE Lux

Ty5500

Post by Ty5500 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks. I don't have the intellilux headlights. I live in an area which is quite dense and where all the streets are illuminated insanely so the option had low priority on my must have list.

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Ivanzu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Drop the tire pressure to 2.2bar, it will become much more comfortable and will handle better. 3.0bar is only used during transport of the car but they forgot to deflate them. My fuel consumption is 6.3L driving at 2000RPM and without engine lugging which is critical for good engine health.

Ty5500

Post by Ty5500 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:00 pm

I'm definitely watching out for lugging the engine. Dropped the tire pressure to 2.2, will find out the following days the difference in ride quality.

Return to “Members Gallery”