Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

My 1.4T

66K views 83 replies 23 participants last post by  Noggin 
#1 ·
Finally got round to giving it a full detail today. Painted the calipers aswell.

Next up is footwells, mudflaps and tints.

#9 ·
So after a few weeks with a dreadful rattle I finally gave in and set about finding it.
What I did find is that the two 7mm bolts holding in the clocks were 2 turns from being tight.
After a load of Tesa tape and foam pads the clocks, steering cowling, headlight switch and small storage area are now solid.

#10 ·
Brave man... Do you have pictures how to take apart interior?
I have few rattles and would try to fix them... But not sure how to take apart everything.

I have "constant" rattle behind/above clocks, trim around vents, door panels... Everywhere. Not happy about build quality of the car.

#11 ·
What I have found is the windscreen air vent is pretty bad and one of my main culprits. Its not the covers, its the actual plastic ducts under it that bang together and echo through the dash.
The cover just clips on and a small piece of foam wedged around the ducting does the trick.

Everything is basically clipped in and requires a trim tool to remove safely and you'll see the 7mm hex bolts for the screen and clocks.

#19 ·
The joys of owning a white car. Look at the tar spots from the last few months:
20180201_135947-01-768x1365.jpeg

It was all over the doors and boot. Nothing that Auto Finesse ObliTARate couldn't deal with. Now the paint work is back to being glass smooth.

#24 ·
You have to take the full plastic cover off the inside of the boot lid. There is one 7mm hex bolt and the rest is clipped on very tight.

When this is off you'll see the 2 7mm hex bolt holding the switch/handle.

I originally wanted just the badge off but its not separate and one big mould.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.