jt123
Astra Model: 2016 - 1.6 CDTI SRi
Astra Options: Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Powerflex Bar
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Re: My Astra K SRI

Post by jt123 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 pm

tomzzi wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 pm
Beast! Very nice mods. Car looks great! Love rims...

I have question about twin exhaust. How much work is it with this? What needs to be done for replacement?

Again very nice!

If you check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2892
That's where all the discussion/info went on about the twin exhaust.

It's really easy. Easier for a garage who can lift the car up and work from underneath, but more than doable with the car up on axle stands. Just cut the exhaust and join the new one with a clamp. What engine do you have ? Mine is a CDTI so didn't have the mount/hanger on the right hand side so I had to purchase those too. But all part numbers in that thread above

tomzzi

Post by tomzzi » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 am

It is also CDTi (136). I will think about this. Car looks much better with twin exhaust.

jt123

Post by jt123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 pm

tomzzi wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 am
It is also CDTi (136). I will think about this. Car looks much better with twin exhaust.
Yes, so like me you'd need to buy an Exhaust hanger, the heat reflective shield, the exhaust, clamp, and the rear trim that has two cut outs for exhaust tip on both sides. Think I spent about £300 in total on the mod but worth every penny IMO, as you say, makes it look 10 times better :D

jt123

Post by jt123 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Had a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs fitted to my car today. I will update with some pics in the coming days :D Really finishes it off, not to mention, the handling on corners is even more AWESOME now. Reduced body roll and just feels so stable, with no loss of comfort.

connor.b1

Post by connor.b1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm

jt123 wrote:Had a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs fitted to my car today. I will update with some pics in the coming days :D Really finishes it off, not to mention, the handling on corners is even more AWESOME now. Reduced body roll and just feels so stable, with no loss of comfort.
Could we see the pictures now you've lowered it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

jt123

Post by jt123 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 pm

connor.b1 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm
jt123 wrote:Had a set of Eibach 30mm lowering springs fitted to my car today. I will update with some pics in the coming days :D Really finishes it off, not to mention, the handling on corners is even more AWESOME now. Reduced body roll and just feels so stable, with no loss of comfort.
Could we see the pictures now you've lowered it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Next friday I'm having it pro washed and polished and a layer of Ceramic coating. Once that's done I'll update with pics :)

danh23
Astra Model: Sri cdti
Astra Colour: Metallic mineral black

Post by danh23 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 am

How easy was it too fit the dual usb for the rear seat passengers? And the cigarette socket in boot
1.6 CDTI Astra SRI metallic mineral black (110hp)

jt123

Post by jt123 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 am

danh23 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 am
How easy was it too fit the dual usb for the rear seat passengers? And the cigarette socket in boot
Both very simple, Dual rear USB's 30 minute job at the most. Hardest part is splicing into the short bit of wire you have to play with on the cigarette lighter and soldering the wires on.

The Cigarette socket can be as hard as you make it, for me I made it easy and just connected it straight up to the battery as having it permanently live suited me. If you want it only on with the ignition then this would be harder as you'd have to run a wire from a switched live such as the cigarette lighter in the front, to the back. If permanently live like mine though I'd advise connect a switch too to stop any battery drain :)

Supermann25
Astra Model: MK7 Astra K Tech LIne 1.6 CDTI
Astra Options: Android Auto & Apple Carplay
Astra Colour: Black

Post by Supermann25 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:10 am

jt123 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:00 pm
Had the Chrome window trim wrapped in Satin black today. Along with the bottom section of the front grille. Haven't gone full de-chrome on the front grille (yet) :lol: Followed by a wash and hoover.

Really like the way it looks at the front, just having the one strip of chrome really does it for me. Balance between not too much chrome but just a bit to bring out a bit of style other than all black.

Just got to get it lowered now then I think that concludes my mods. I've ordered the 30mm springs. Can I ask how much you guys would expect to pay a garage to fit them? Unfortunately I don't have the tools required to fit them so going to have to get someone to do it.
I Defo want to see some photos of when the car is lowered! was thinking of doing the same 30mm drop but couldn't find anyone else that has photos or review of comfort. Car looks great

Return to “Members Gallery”