Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner

New Aussie member :)

8K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I don't have my car yet, but I've ordered a MY17 Holden Astra RS in White.

Australian Astra's are built in Poland, and the RS has the 1.6T petrol 147kw engine. My car has arrived in the country, I should have it within a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to getting it, will post photos when it arrives.

Interested in an ECU remap at some point, hoping the Opel/Vauxhall remaps will be compatible with Australian cars :)

Cheers,

Paul

#2 ·
Welcome, Paul! :D :D

Think you're the first from 'down under' on here (this forum knows no bounds!)

Hope you're as delighted with your car (and its magnificent engine!) as I am!

Be sure to let us know when it finally arrives and what your first impressions are and post some pics (as you said)!

What influenced your decision to get the Astra and what other cars did you look at, out of interest? :)

:cool: :cool:

#4 ·
Hi!

cooldad said:
Welcome, Paul! :D :D

Think you're the first from 'down under' on here (this forum knows no bounds!)

Hope you're as delighted with your car (and its magnificent engine!) as I am!

Be sure to let us know when it finally arrives and what your first impressions are and post some pics (as you said)!

What influenced your decision to get the Astra and what other cars did you look at, out of interest? :)

Will definitely post photos when it arrives - I know it's in Melbourne - still has to make it to Adelaide. It's interesting reading how different the equipment levels are in the UK vs here - part of that is the lead time from Poland to Australia.

In terms of why I ended up with an Astra - I currently work for Holden - at the plant where the Commodore (aka Vauxhall VXR) is built, so I was always going to buy a Holden :). I looked at a MY17 Barina (Aveo? in Europe/US) but wanted something sportier - hence the Astra and the 1.6 turbo. The 'base' Astra R here only has the 1.4T turbo - all petrol here too.

Cheers,

Paul

#6 ·
psmedley said:
Mine will be white though, and with the 6 speed auto (yes I know the manual is more fun, but my wife doesn't drive a manual :p)
Welcome. :)

Can't spec the auto box with the 1.6T in the UK. Grrrrrrrrrr. :cry:

Love mine and no issues, apart from the hopeless auto light sensor that everybody has - which I just put up with. The auto box is excellent, with very smooth changes and quick take off.

Obviously picked the best colour. Prefer my front end with fog lights.

View attachment 1072

Attachments

#7 ·
Welcome psmedley,

I have had a nose on the Holden site and cant see mention of Intellilux LED headlamps or any other options actually, Is it just a case of buying whatever turns up on your shores, no tweaking of spec?
Are all manufacturers the same?

#8 ·
Jeff16150 said:
Love mine and no issues, apart from the hopeless auto light sensor that everybody has - which I just put up with.
Yeah, tell me about it, Jeff! :eek: :shock: :x

There's probably enough light in Australia for our new friend not to have worry about that, although I wouldn't bank on it! :D ;)

#9 ·
Hi!,

Anupanu said:
Welcome psmedley,

I have had a nose on the Holden site and cant see mention of Intellilux LED headlamps or any other options actually, Is it just a case of buying whatever turns up on your shores, no tweaking of spec?
Are all manufacturers the same?
Intellilux is an option on the top of the range RS-V model here. The number of options is kept to a minimum, as typically, someone won't want to wait the lead time for the car to be built and shipped to Australia, they'd rather something that's either in stock or enroute to a dealer.

Locally built cars have a greater range of options, but unfortunately the local Holden (ie Opel/Vauxhall) and Toyota plants are due to close by the end of the year.

Cheers,

Paul

#12 ·
Welcome down under couple of things. Should u need any parts for your car hope your dealership have the parts or be waiting along time. And just make one more point. Can you take back Rolf Harris when he release from prison. He abuse my childhood I'm still hurting :lol: give us kylie minogue. And you can have honey g. As compensation

#17 ·
Very nice, mate!

Agree about the rear bumper too.

Also, love the sunshine!! :) :) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: Better to have a white car in that climate :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.