Astra K 200bhp Fully Loaded

Post pictures of your Astra K here
Jonesy
Astra Model: Vauxhall Astra Elite Nav 1.6 Petrol 200bhp
Astra Options: Fully Loaded Elite Nav
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash 'I'll be back'

Re: Astra K 200bhp Fully Loaded

Post by Jonesy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm

I was told you can't have it. I've never even thought about it. The power is always on tap ready to be unloaded. The throttle response is instant. Steering is always loaded too. The most important button? 😂Why do you think a sport button makes the car? 😂

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Usually you should / try / have before making such statement...
So, yes...sport mode makes a 200hp car-a sporty car....
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Isnt it logical that name "elite" or name "dynamic" means something else? Yes...your car has elite package. Leather seats, 9inch multimedia, 18inch alloys....mine-dynamic has 7 inch multimedia, had to pay more for designpack (18 inch opc wheels, tinted windows and led lights, folded mirrors)...but it also have sport mode...

Like said before-driving in normal mode is so, so mich different than driving in sport mode...

Still havent try 9 inch multimedia...i believe it is more fancy and beautiful than 7 inch...so believe me, when you try sport mode, you will never turn it off...please try...

These 2 cars are so, so much different...if you can " feel" the car. If you can not feel the car-you will think these are the same...they are not
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:32 pm

If I wanted a sporty car I wouldn't buy a Astra I would buy a AMG spec or a M sport. The Astra k that I brought is comfortable & fit for purpose for my commute. The sport button is irrelevant for my need. The car is a bonus for me because it has a pleasant 200bhp with a sport setup. I still don't understand why your basing your car around a plastic button when there's much more factors to consider. Yes it might make a small difference than the standard sport setup but I don't need a button to enjoy a driving fast. Astra k is fwd it's not made to race.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivanzu
Astra Model: 1.4T
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Ivanzu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Jonesy please, Astra TCR is FWD but somehow it magically races..

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:41 pm

I agree, lovely car. But I somehow still prefer 4 wheel drive in race conditions. Just my opinion 😁

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Ok...so we have different expetations from a car and feeling for drive...
We agree: you are elite guy, i'm dynamic guy...and we like our cars and they suit us perfectly.

But like said before-we are totally different and our cars are different as well. Sport mode in dynamic, or heated seats in elite, makes a big difference and feeling of pleasant.
All i wanted to say that yes-this plastic button makes a big difference makes a huge factor if you take such in consider...it is not irelevant-it is real and makes a difference

Also, dont forget that few years back there was astra opc. 240 hp...300 kg more weight with same specification regarding acceleration and final speed. Please, try to remember this was a sport car. Entry level sport car, made to be a sport car. The same as our astra...so driving astra new model, 300 kg lighter shouldnt be just pleasent...it should be dynamic...you really shouldnt describe you car only like pleasent...try driving it in sport mode with 0-62 in 6.7 seconds in manual sheeft, with 300 Nm torgue available from 2000 o/min. Then you will understand sport mode...it should not be just pleasant...it should be dynamic...with leather seats as best option :-)
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Post by Alpa-Chino » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Sport button does not make the car accelerate faster. It changes values for drive-by-wire, so it engages earlier, but flat out acceleration stays the same. Please don't make the sport button some magical mode that changes the car into something else. Steering is electric-powered anyway, so the weight on the steerring wheel does not mean thay there is any more feedback to the driver.
My statement in short: "sport mode" or not, car stays at the same performance levels, the feeling is changed.
The only reason I would like to have this button is not to have this one single blank space on my dashboard. Will retrofit it though at some point after the warranty.
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Post by Paulch » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Alpa-Chino wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:09 pm
Sport button does not make the car accelerate faster. It changes values for drive-by-wire, so it engages earlier, but flat out acceleration stays the same. Please don't make the sport button some magical mode that changes the car into something else. Steering is electric-powered anyway, so the weight on the steerring wheel does not mean thay there is any more feedback to the driver.
My statement in short: "sport mode" or not, car stays at the same performance levels, the feeling is changed.
The only reason I would like to have this button is not to have this one single blank space on my dashboard. Will retrofit it though at some point after the warranty.
Hi

Try this. Drive along at a constant speed for example 30mph and without moving your right foot on the accelerator press the sport button. You will feel an increase in speed as the engine is now being supplied with more fuel for the same pedal position due to the sport button being pressed.

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Post by Alpa-Chino » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Nope. It's exactly what I mentioned before - throttle position is read a little bit different. Something like "speed booster" you can buy online.:) so in essence, let say you have throttle pressed by 50%, but in sport it is interpreted as 60%.
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

Return to “Members Gallery”