Paulch
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6T (200PS)
Astra Options: Parking pack, climate control, spare wheel, towbar
Astra Colour: Power Red

Re: Astra K 200bhp Fully Loaded

Post by Paulch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 am

Alpa-Chino wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:19 pm
Nope. It's exactly what I mentioned before - throttle position is read a little bit different. Something like "speed booster" you can buy online.:) so in essence, let say you have throttle pressed by 50%, but in sport it is interpreted as 60%.
Hi

That's exactly what I said!

Cheers

Paul
SRI Nav 1.6T (200). Parking pack, Climate control, spare wheel and towbar. Power Red.

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Ok...we have Nikola Tesla on forum...

Nope...sport button changes steering wheel resistance and opens throttle body sooner on lower rpg. Not something like ebay funny device, but something like other map on vehicle...
Also, if you would like to remap your car, you could do that only on Sport mode map...without touching normal mode map. Yes...you have 2 maps.

And for closure, please dont misslead readers of this forum. Sport mode is different map of a car. Yes-same 200 hp will be produced on 5800 o/min, but until you reach 5800 o/min torque and rpm will leed you there. And they will not be the same on eco (normal) and sport mode.

So, sport mode is very important button for a car packed like family clio RS version called astra k 1.6 turbo only with larger back...astra 1.6 turbo is a entry level sport car and without sport button (sport map) you will not have its full potencial
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Many other car manufactures have sport mode options on their cars...why on earth would you think that names like lamborghini, audi, porsche or even vw, reanault or opel for example offer sport/dynamic/drift/hill/normal etc. Modes in their cars...why would you think, this is nothing more than just ebay funny thing device...come on...think/try/test/educate and world will be in your hands....

Sport mode is very important mode for best astra k model. Period. Important as much for many other more expensive cars...

It is real shame they even sell entry level sport cars like astra 1.6 turbo (formely called opc so this is the reason why it will never see sunlight in K model again) without dual map (sport mode)...
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Also if you would like me to help you with some facts, please feel free to google (if you can not try mode):
1) astra overboost option
2) https://youtu.be/bHZ5pgiAOCQ
Forward to 2:30...mode change...ops sorry....he is not accelerating in comfort mode with pedal to the floor
3) how to achive best corner exit...yes-spprt mode and more torgue on lower rpm will be crucial
4) more torque on lower rpm
5) dual map on cars

Etc....

Or just buy astra with sport mode
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Alpa-Chino
Astra Model: Elite Navi 1.6 CDTi BiTurbo
Astra Options: All apart from driver pack one
Astra Colour: White Summit

Post by Alpa-Chino » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 pm

What Tesla have to do with anything? You feeling all right?
1. I've got overboost in my biturbo without sport button.
2. Car on the video does not look like a vauxhall.
3. Best corner exit is achieved by getting the apex and race line right.
4, 5 nc :)

Just to clarify - in no Vauxhall marketing materials there is any hint regarding two maps, everywhere it states "sharpens throttle response".
Luke
Elite Nav 1.6 CDTi Biturbo, Summit Whit, Intellilux LEDs, drivers assistance pack1, parking pack, sunroof, dark tinted rear windows, keyless entry and start, Ergonomic sports-style front seats (AGR-approved), Power front driver's seat.

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:04 pm

Really i dont have any will and strenght to educate so many people at once. As you can see-i have less tolerance for them as well.

So, my words will probably be read with someone that understands basics of cars...without copy pasting explanations from many other forums...

1) of course you have overboost...in what rpg range with or without sport mode? This is my point
2) no it is not vauxhall...but same multiple map logic is used...that was explained above
3) you are correct...but corner exit will be faster if more torgue is available for example in 3500 rpm than less using different map...ok?
4) vauxhall marketing materials obviously wont give you a scheme how multiple maps works...but it does point you that magic is there

5) i'm signing off this forum. Yes, ive seen few good diy ideas...and changed with you few...but really... I dont have strenght nor time to fight with people without basic knowhow things works or will to learn. People that will fight you with no argument.

I hoped i will be able to learn something new...so far-no good. Take care...and read 1-4 carefully...you will see how many wrong opinions were seen in just 1 theme. I explained everything and still gave you explanations and links...but still you all go in circle back to begining.
Take care...
Moby
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Moby2002

Post by Moby2002 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Sorry for bad english until now..but i belive probably it is better than your Croatian :-)
Also language problem took even more strenght for me to explain my statemants :-p
Astra 1.6 turbo, 200ks

Return to “Members Gallery”