Post pictures of your Astra K here
Gunde

Mods, mods, mods :) Interior comfort and visual tweaks

Post by Gunde » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 pm

Here's what I've done so far:

AGR driver's seat
- 7 pins and wires added to the seat plug to get everything to work
- added new climate control panel with the seat ventilation buttons
- all memory features works without the need for BCM programming - including settings in the head unit and saving to keyfob.
A big thanks to JRC Vaux works for assistance: https://www.facebook.com/vauxworks/
Now the hunt is on for the passenger side :)

Custom-made leatherlook seat covers from SeatSkinz (now Individual Auto Design) to hide the ugly cloth seats

Wood-look vinyl interior

Backup camera (XCarLink with aftermarket camera in license plate light)

Racechip XLR Pedalbox (adjusts throttle response)

Double USB chargers in rear + rear heated seats

Glovebox light with turn-off switch

Black felt in door storage areas, glove box, armrest, rear sides and front footwells

Other mods:
- heated armrest front (turns on with the steering wheel heat)
- light under the boot floor (I have the storage tray down there)
- double USB in armrest with higher current for faster charging
- metal trim on all window buttons

Light in footwells front and rear - only turns on when entering and leaving

Ambient lights (dimmable and only on in night mode):
- doors (OEM)
- gear surround
- fusebox lid storage tray (below the Racechip controller)

Astra K 1.6 CDTi. Mods: AGR driver's seat, 360° 3D camera, SeatSkinz, heated armrest and rear seats, footwell and glovebox lights, light under boot floor, gear surround ambient light, pedalbox, wood-look trim and black felt interior.

MrSM82
Astra Model: 1.4T 150 SRi Nav (Auto)
Astra Colour: Cosmic Grey

Re: Mods, mods, mods :) Interior comfort and visual tweaks

Post by MrSM82 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Looks good, I like the backup camera. I don't mind the cloth seats myself but you have to do what you like in your own car.

Vayerr
Astra Model: SRi Nav 1.6 CDTi S/S (136bhp) Hatchback
Astra Colour: Deep Sky Blue

Post by Vayerr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 am

Great mods. The AGR is a very nice addition and I guess it took a lot to get it working properly. You've put a lot into your Astra so enjoy it!

Only thing I need to dislike is the leather seats. They look much nicer than original ones, that's for sure, but I will always be against leather seats (person opinion tho).
Cars I owned:
- Peugeot 206 Verve, 1.4 Petrol 2006
- Vauxhall Corsa E Limited Edition, 3dr, 1.4 Petrol (90bhp) 2015
- Vauxhall Astra K SRi Nav, 5dr, 1.6 CDTi (136bhp) 2016
- Ford Focus ST-Line X, Estate, 1.5 EcoBlue (120bhp) 2019
- *Need a New Car*

Gunde

Post by Gunde » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:24 am

MrSM82 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:38 pm
Looks good, I like the backup camera. I don't mind the cloth seats myself but you have to do what you like in your own car.
I guess ugly is a bit strong. I do find them quite boring, though.
Vayerr wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 am
Only thing I need to dislike is the leather seats. They look much nicer than original ones, that's for sure, but I will always be against leather seats (person opinion tho).
That's perfectly valid. I love them though, the look, the feel, the smell. Plus with both heating and ventilation any discomfort is quickly rectified :)
Astra K 1.6 CDTi. Mods: AGR driver's seat, 360° 3D camera, SeatSkinz, heated armrest and rear seats, footwell and glovebox lights, light under boot floor, gear surround ambient light, pedalbox, wood-look trim and black felt interior.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Looking great

So when you put in the AGR seat and wired it up, the menu items associated with the AGR seats just appeared in the settings menu on the screen ?

The heated rear seat buttons looks "after market", is the heated rear seats also some aftermarket heating mats or is it a retrofit of the original seats and if so, are they wired in to the car like if you bought winterpack 2 as an option on a new car.

Also...If this is wired in like original, has this enabled any new settings in the display...I know that cars with winterpack 2 also has a setting to make the heated seats turn on automatically when it is cold.
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Gunde

Post by Gunde » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm

astraowner wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:50 pm
So when you put in the AGR seat and wired it up, the menu items associated with the AGR seats just appeared in the settings menu on the screen ?
Correct. As soon as I connected the data cable to the plug in the BCM, they simply appeared :)
astraowner wrote:
The heated rear seat buttons looks "after market", is the heated rear seats also some aftermarket heating mats or is it a retrofit of the original seats and if so, are they wired in to the car like if you bought winterpack 2 as an option on a new car.
Entirely aftermarket. Buttons and mats.

astraowner
Astra Model: 2016 Astra K 1.6 110HP
Astra Options: Lane assist, dual zone Climate Control.
Astra Colour: Asteroid Grey

Post by astraowner » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Gunde wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Correct. As soon as I connected the data cable to the plug in the BCM, they simply appeared :)
astraowner wrote:
Fantastic, at last something that can be retrofitted without actually having to visit vauxhall, give them a lot of money and risk being turned down.

Now just to find the seats....I bet they are not for sale by the hundreds on ebay and places like that.

Maybe the seat controls are USB.....Ding-Dong Vauxhall Astra found a new device, please wait while installing drivers

How much did you pay for the seat and where did you get the schematic to know what wires goes where.
Gunde wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm
Entirely aftermarket. Buttons and mats.
Bummer....Oh well, kids can just freeze until the car warms up then :)
2016 Astra K 110HP, Opel Eye camera, front and rear parking sensors, dual zone climate control and heated front seats, sight and light pack.

Gunde

Post by Gunde » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:40 am

astraowner wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:15 pm
How much did you pay for the seat and where did you get the schematic to know what wires goes where.
JRC Vaux works helped me with schematics and where to plug what :)
I paid about for the seat. A real steal compared to what they normally cost. The project in total cost me somewhere around .

astramaster

Post by astramaster » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:45 pm

Nice, very nice mods! ;) ;) ;)

Jammok993

Post by Jammok993 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Anyone know where to source these seats from? Can't find a breaker with one :(