New Learner Car

Post pictures of your Astra K here
UpshiftDrivingSchool
Astra Model: SRI VX-LINE 1.4T
Astra Options: VX-Line Pack, 18" Alloys,
Astra Colour: White

Re: New Learner Car

Post by UpshiftDrivingSchool » Thu May 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Added a bit more colour to the front....excuse the dead insects on the bumper, it's getting a clean this weekend.

IMG_20200507_171210_013_resize_64.jpg

Astra 1.4T SRI VX-Line, 18" Alloys, Heko Wind Deflectors, 4D Number Plates, HID Conversion, Orange Wrapped Dash

Crosseyxpower
Astra Model: Sri nav
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Crosseyxpower » Thu May 07, 2020 5:24 pm

UpshiftDrivingSchool wrote: ↑
Thu May 07, 2020 5:14 pm
Added a bit more colour to the front....excuse the dead insects on the bumper, it's getting a clean this weekend.
You've done a good jobπŸ‘πŸ‘ get that orange caliper paint too (8.99 on ebay) and the chrome strips down the side orange too. A nice side photo then πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

UpshiftDrivingSchool
Astra Model: SRI VX-LINE 1.4T
Astra Options: VX-Line Pack, 18" Alloys,
Astra Colour: White

Post by UpshiftDrivingSchool » Thu May 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Crosseyxpower wrote: ↑
Thu May 07, 2020 5:24 pm
UpshiftDrivingSchool wrote: ↑
Thu May 07, 2020 5:14 pm
You've done a good jobπŸ‘πŸ‘ get that orange caliper paint too (8.99 on ebay) and the chrome strips down the side orange too. A nice side photo then πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
Cheers mate πŸ‘

The caliper paint is on route. The side chrome will be going gloss black as orange would be way to much.
Astra 1.4T SRI VX-Line, 18" Alloys, Heko Wind Deflectors, 4D Number Plates, HID Conversion, Orange Wrapped Dash

Crosseyxpower
Astra Model: Sri nav
Astra Colour: Red

Post by Crosseyxpower » Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Fair enough, keep us updated with pics when done. πŸ‘πŸ‘

samdyd00

Post by samdyd00 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi everyone! I am a new instructor in the UK and I am planning to buy a new car for my job. I want it to be comfortable for me as for students that will learn how to drive. My friend told me that the best option for me would be a ford sedan but I doubt it. I saw your post and I was amazed by the specifications of the Astra car and also this car has an awesome design. I checked the prices on this Astra models and they are very affordable, I think I made my decision but I will need to test this car, maybe I will rent for one day a similar Astra car to this as I need to totally understand if this car will suit my needs.

jt123
Astra Model: 2016 - 1.6 CDTI SRi
Astra Options: Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Powerflex Bar
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by jt123 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 pm

samdyd00 wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:22 pm
Hi everyone! I am a new instructor in the UK and I am planning to buy a new car for my job. I want it to be comfortable for me as for students that will learn how to drive. My friend told me that the best option for me would be a ford sedan but I doubt it. I saw your post and I was amazed by the specifications of the Astra car and also this car has an awesome design. I checked the prices on this Astra models and they are very affordable, I think I made my decision but I will need to test this car, maybe I will rent for one day a similar Astra car to this as I need to totally understand if this car will suit my needs.
Hi fellow ADI!

I've used my Astra for 4 years and covered 70,000 faultless miles in it. It's a cracking driving school car :)

Pompeydave
Astra Model: Astra Sri nav VX-line 1.6t
Astra Colour: Silver

Post by Pompeydave » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am

Very nice car for a learner car but can't feel it's a little too big for the '1st' time driver ? I consider my vx-line as a family car and think could be a little daunting for a 17 year old just starting off hence mostly seeing Vauxhall corsa's as learner cars on the road.Dont get me wrong my son would of loved my 1.6t for learning in but I'm just thinking in general , a lot of youngsters are nervous and seeing an Astra might just panick them even more.

Shaky
Astra Model: 1.4T Elite Nav Sports Tourer
Astra Colour: Flip Chip Silver

Post by Shaky » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Pompeydave wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am
Very nice car for a learner car but can't feel it's a little too big for the '1st' time driver ? I consider my vx-line as a family car and think could be a little daunting for a 17 year old just starting off hence mostly seeing Vauxhall corsa's as learner cars on the road.Dont get me wrong my son would of loved my 1.6t for learning in but I'm just thinking in general , a lot of youngsters are nervous and seeing an Astra might just panick them even more.
Funnily enough, when I learnt to drive (1982 - lol) the instructor turned up in an 1800 TC Marina which I thought was a big car at the time. His MO was that he didn't like teaching people to drive in a "skateboard" as he called small cars because they then went out and bought summat bigger and started dinging them coz they couldn't judge the larger size.

Suppose it's a fair comment.
I am Homer of Borg. Resistance is..............Hmmmm Doughnuts.
Keyless Ignition, Power Tailgate, Parking Sensors. Detachable Towbar, Corsa E Headlight Switch.

jt123
Astra Model: 2016 - 1.6 CDTI SRi
Astra Options: Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Powerflex Bar
Astra Colour: Carbon Flash

Post by jt123 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Pompeydave wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:47 am
Never had an issue, I wouldn't say the Astra is a big car. In fact learner cars are getting bigger in general as instructors cannot afford to run two cars so they buy one family car that they use for tuition. There's a Focus Estate locally and a few Mokkas too . It's just whatever they get used to. Had several come to me from other instructors and they haven't seemed to find the Astra particularly daunting :)