Black LED side repeaters

Post pictures of your Astra K here
Markot1989
Astra Model: 1.6t 200 SRI
Astra Colour: Black

Re: Black LED side repeaters

Post by Markot1989 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:35 am

The repeaters look smart, did you have any error codes to deal with or is the car quite happy to let you just plug and play? (Asking as I know there are issues converting head/taillights on a lot of cars these days.)

Is it just the way the light is hitting the car in the original picture or have the rear windows been tinted as well?
Getting prices just now to tint the rears on mine as well as doing the taillights at the same time.

gordon1

Post by gordon1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:52 pm

not a fan of aftermarket add ons but they look ok

doradus
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150 Elite
Astra Colour: Granite Grey

Post by doradus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 am

Markot1989 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:35 am
The repeaters look smart, did you have any error codes to deal with or is the car quite happy to let you just plug and play? (Asking as I know there are issues converting head/taillights on a lot of cars these days.)

Is it just the way the light is hitting the car in the original picture or have the rear windows been tinted as well?
Getting prices just now to tint the rears on mine as well as doing the taillights at the same time.
No errors, I don’t believe the side repeaters have the tech to give dash errors anyway, and yeah I’ve had the rear 5 windows tinted, can’t for the life of me remember how much I paid I though, but I’ve got 20% tint on those. I’m thinking about the tail lights too but not sure yet

Markot1989

Post by Markot1989 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:25 pm

doradus wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 am
No errors, I don’t believe the side repeaters have the tech to give dash errors anyway, and yeah I’ve had the rear 5 windows tinted, can’t for the life of me remember how much I paid I though, but I’ve got 20% tint on those. I’m thinking about the tail lights too but not sure yet
Mr Tints in Glasgow has quote £120 for all levels of shading which feels about right, a few friends have used them in the past and never had issues with bubbling. They also quote £60 each for the front / tail lights, they use SPI tints for them. They have added the disclaimer on for the lights that the tints may leave residue if left on for a long time. They'll also do the fogs / repeaters for £12 each, although don't think i'll bother with the fogs as I need them where I live.

Have ordered a set of those LED repeaters as well as the OSRAM night breakers, after driving in the dark for the first time yesterday, that seem to get a good review on here. My missus hasn't driven it yet but we've as a caution I've asked Kerr & Smith for a price on rear parking sensors - £169 surface / £220 flush. Probably won't do anything else to it.

doradus
Astra Model: Astra K 1.4T 150 Elite
Astra Colour: Granite Grey

Post by doradus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:33 pm

Markot1989 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:25 pm
doradus wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 am
Mr Tints in Glasgow has quote £120 for all levels of shading which feels about right, a few friends have used them in the past and never had issues with bubbling. They also quote £60 each for the front / tail lights, they use SPI tints for them. They have added the disclaimer on for the lights that the tints may leave residue if left on for a long time. They'll also do the fogs / repeaters for £12 each, although don't think i'll bother with the fogs as I need them where I live.

Have ordered a set of those LED repeaters as well as the OSRAM night breakers, after driving in the dark for the first time yesterday, that seem to get a good review on here. My missus hasn't driven it yet but we've as a caution I've asked Kerr & Smith for a price on rear parking sensors - £169 surface / £220 flush. Probably won't do anything else to it.
I’m currently looking at getting new wheels, not sure if I want to stick with my stock size of 17” and just move my tyres over or if I should step up to 18”, then further down the line I plan on lowering on Eibach 30mm springs, but those are the last of the big spends 😂

Markot1989

Post by Markot1989 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:10 am

Will be good to see once completed, my wife would go aff her nut if I did anything like that.
What tyres are you going with?

Our runabout (1.4 Ibiza) is on Michelin cross climates which are tremendous in the winter, we had Pilot Sport 3's on the Clubman which we traded in for the Astra. They had exceptional grip in the dry and decent enough in the wet, far better than the factory Bridgestones.

Return to “Members Gallery”