Post pictures of your Astra K here
Honey Badger
Astra Model: Elite Nav VX-Line
Astra Colour: White

Re: And It Begins

Post by Honey Badger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Darkel01 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:35 pm
No problem I imagine you have plenty to do mate. Yeah on eBay a seller was doing the Ulter boxless rear section so I didn’t have to do anything, it’s such a fantastic sound too. So much more aggressive and louder than I thought without being hooligan-level.

Did you chop the back box yourself?

I’d also be interested in a spoiler or lip but so far no luck other than the European/Turkish ones people in the forum are reporting as a bit fidgety to install.

Next up for me is a full debadge and dechrome and the badges done in black and red and rear tint. Will share photos when it’s done!

On mine I've taken the centre section silencer out and my rear box has a silencer in it but I'm thinking about changing to one of the boxless rear boxes for alittle more volume but not sure yet.

Get a video up of her on cold start up and idle revs. Be interesting to hear.

Darkel01
Astra Model: 2017 150PS SRI VX-Line
Astra Colour: Pull Me Over Red

Post by Darkel01 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Honey Badger wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:05 pm
Darkel01 wrote:
No problem I imagine you have plenty to do mate. Yeah on eBay a seller was doing the Ulter boxless rear section so I didn’t have to do anything, it’s such a fantastic sound too. So much more aggressive and louder than I thought without being hooligan-level.

I’d also be interested in a spoiler or lip but so far no luck other than the European/Turkish ones people in the forum are reporting as a bit fidgety to install.

Next up for me is a full debadge and dechrome and the badges done in black and red and rear tint. Will share photos when it’s done!

On mine I've taken the centre section silencer out and my rear box has a silencer in it but I'm thinking about changing to one of the boxless rear boxes for alittle more volume but not sure yet.

Ah that explains the different note! I have the centre section in but the back box is off lol! I think yours sounds more “growly” whereas mine is a bit more “booming”. Either way, I feel in love with your sound and assumed it’d be what mine would be like but love mine the way it turned out! I will do - it was super windy up here today so any video was drowned out by that! :(
2017 1.4T 150 SRI VX-Line, Limo-tint rear, full dechrome, black/red badges, debadged, Ultersport Backbox Delete Dual Exhaust, colour-coded rear spoiler

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Darkel01 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:24 pm
Honey Badger wrote:
Darkel01 wrote:

Ah that explains the different note! I have the centre section in but the back box is off lol! I think yours sounds more “growly” whereas mine is a bit more “booming”. Either way, I feel in love with your sound and assumed it’d be what mine would be like but love mine the way it turned out! I will do - it was super windy up here today so any video was drowned out by that! :(
I'm thinking about getting a boxless rear but don't want anything to loud but most people say mine sounds great as is so not sure yet.

Darkel01

Post by Darkel01 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Honey Badger wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 pm
Darkel01 wrote:
Honey Badger wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a boxless rear but don't want anything to loud but most people say mine sounds great as is so not sure yet.
Oh in that case I’ll definitely try get a decent video of the sound so you have a better idea. It’s pretty loud but only I’d say if you were within 30 feet or so!
2017 1.4T 150 SRI VX-Line, Limo-tint rear, full dechrome, black/red badges, debadged, Ultersport Backbox Delete Dual Exhaust, colour-coded rear spoiler

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:13 am

Darkel01 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:42 pm
Honey Badger wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 pm
Darkel01 wrote:

Oh in that case I’ll definitely try get a decent video of the sound so you have a better idea. It’s pretty loud but only I’d say if you were within 30 feet or so!
Yeah if you could please.

Mines fairly loud and you can't miss it

Darkel01

Post by Darkel01 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Still not a great video but you can hear it a lot better without the windy conditions. It’s a lot more bassy in real life though, doesn’t carry over the mic very well!

Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Darkel01 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Still not a great video but you can hear it a lot better without the windy conditions. It’s a lot more bassy in real life though, doesn’t carry over the mic very well!

Spot on buddy

Return to “Members Gallery”