M1chaelr's SRi 150 Turbo Auto

Post pictures of your Astra K here
Grumpy1954

Re: M1chaelr's SRi 150 Turbo Auto

Post by Grumpy1954 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 pm

Prince of Darkness wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:24 am
I have the SRi Nav 1.4T (150ps) in Summit White. I was in the market for a used one but just couldn't find an auto with front and rear parking sensors so opted for one without the sensors but had them retrofitted by AVRmobiles who did a great job. The auto box is excellent and I cannot fault it. The Sports mode is also positively noticeable but I rarely use it. Only used it a couple of times to see if it actually worked and I am pleased to say it did. My main issue is with the standard headlights which are crap really as I do a lot of driving on B roads. Pleased I did not upgrade to HIDS considering the new MOT rules. Looking for the best replacement bulbs to use? Car has now covered 13,000 miles and all is well bar the radio which was noisy (even with the ignition switched off) and had to be changed out by VX under warranty. VX told me the change out would have cost about £1000 if car was out of warranty! Car was first registered 27/02/17. I am a very low mileage driver so that was no problem for me. Runs well with no problems to date - touch wood lol. My over all opinion is that it is a very nice car to drive. I hope yours fares as well.
There's bee a couple of threads on this recently. I did the old Vectra fix first as detailed here: https://vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.p ... ght=lights then fitted Osram Nightbreakers and dip beam is much improved. If you do the same you'll need a small ish philips screwdriver on the 2 outer black adjusters, not the ones directly behind the main beam bulbs, I assume that's the sideways adjusters. Odd Vauxhall still set the headlights so low.

Return to “Members Gallery”