1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yup, don't disagree, I tend to give up halfway through the overly-precise process and take control. It's much better at bay parking, invariably doing it 'in one'.

But, I spend an inordinate amount of time parking cars on the pitch and in the compound so slinging cars into unfeasibly small gaps is second-nature. If you're a driver without my extraordinarily high level of super-human skill it would be very useful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice movie Swiss, but like Razormatt, it looks as though it is quicker to do it yourself. I guess if drivers are crap at parking it might be a good thing to have.

I have watched many You Tube videos about the Astra, and the Ausfahrt one is very good. I did even watch a Spanish one comparing diesel and petrol engines, just a shame I couldn't understand a bloody word, but the scenery was nice!

·
Registered
411 Posts
It actually does it ok, but seems to want to be millimetrically precise about it, so takes a couple of shunts. And, in the system's defence, I was driving ridiculously slowly when doing it, in real life you'd be a little less Driving Miss Daisy and more Fast & Furious.

Or Fat & Furious in my case.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
User Review of Opel Astra Elite 1.4T
Another favourable user review of an Astra Elite 1.4T. The commentary isn't very exciting but it includes lots of interior close ups if you want to check out the dashboard, controls, door pockets and even seat stitching.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is great video - the level of detail is fantastic although the commentary is quite boring.

·
Registered
158 Posts
M1chaelR said:
Here's a new carwow one comparing it against the focus and golf
Excellent video, thanks for sharing!

I won't lie, I've had a few doubts over the last few days as I'm only two weeks away from ordering new Astra, but watching some videos again and reading comments & reviews has reassured me it's the best purchase in this class, especially when I add money factor into play! ;)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Have posted this link in another thread; perhaps a bit 'off topic' here, but I feel it's partly relevant for those with, or interested in, the 'Intellilux'.

Australian review of halogen vs xenon HIDs vs LED matrix vs laser diode headlights:

Obviously, the last-mentioned come out best (500m range, allegedly! :eek: ), but they still need to work with LEDs in order to dip the beam and they need a cooling system!! :shock:

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's alright watching all those videos but are they true to life when you actually own one,I think not and by reading posts on this site I am not alone, you have to live with the car to properly judge it,not a quick ride making a video, yes the K is a good car but it has many faults as most new cars today have,so you makes your choice and pays your money and live with it,and then wish you had bought something else.

·
Registered
325 Posts
albany said:
It's alright watching all those videos but are they true to life when you actually own one,I think not and by reading posts on this site I am not alone, you have to live with the car to properly judge it,not a quick ride making a video, yes the K is a good car but it has many faults as most new cars today have,so you makes your choice and pays your money and live with it,and then wish you had bought something else.
What would you buy now, since you've been the owner of the K for some time now?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes I've had the K for a bit now not drove it much though, as I said its a good car,what would I buy now to be honest I've no idea,the point I was trying to make despite of all those videos you only find out how good a car is after it's been bought,what suits me might not suite others its the one size fits all thing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.