Hi has anyone else experienced problems connecting to the WiFi in the car as at moment all I getting is authenticity problem and won't connect my devices if so did you resolve it and how please and thank you
I work in a Vauxhall Main Dealership Service Department and Razormatt is correct. If you're having difficulty connecting to your Astra K WiFi the first advice is to make sure it is active via the MyVauxhall web page.
1) Log in to https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/ using the username and password supplied via e-mail or the dealership and click on the big blue OnStar box on the right. You will need to log in again (another login screen loads) when you click this.
2) Choose Packages on the left after logging in for the second time and ensure 'Data Trial 1 year' is active. If it isn't you need to review your preferences or go through the original e-mail and make sure you allow/accept WiFi to operate and activate the 1 year free trial.
3) With your chosen device, sit in the vehicle with the car on idle and in neutral. Go the WiFi or Internet options page on your phone/device. Press the WiFi button above you on the courtesy light section of the car. On the Touchscreen will now be displayed the wireless network password. An audible warning will alert you to this. Use this password to log in to your cars WiFi. Be aware this will only work whilst the cars ignition is on. When you switch the car off it will go off. You can use My Vauxhall on a PC to change the name of the Wireless Network to a word you know so you can find it faster in the future.
On an iPhone 6S (my model - this will differ):
1) Activate WiFi online via e-mail / MyVauxhall.
2) Wait 24 hours for activation.
3) Sit in car and turn car engine on (just to be secure as new tech). Neutral and handbrake on - level ground preferable.
4) Press the Onstar Wireless Button above you near the courtesy lights. A wireless password will be displayed on the touchscreen. Use this as a password.
5) With your iPhone 6S choose 'Settings' and then 'Wi-Fi'. In Wi-Fi choose the cars internet option. This will vary per car and depend whether you have changed the name onine. Input the password obtained via the Onstar wireless button press. Done. You are now online on your cars free 4G wireless (for 1 year).
Ensure you free your device to link to new connections. If you restrict it then it may have authentication errors. Turn off any mobile firewall/anti-virus, go into settings and let it connect to any connection and ensure you have a 4G Wireless device. Make sure you choose the Astra as the WiFi option and report back
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.