Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi guys!

I was looking at some images and saw that there are 5 positions for the "gear" (dunno how it is called in english).
There are:

P - Parking
?? - What is this for?
R - Reverse
N - Neutral
D - Drive

my question is what is the second position for? In the portuguese manual they do not make any reference to it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah... Portuguese manual says nothing about that but VX says!
Another question then... Dealer says automatic Astra have no Start Stop system but manual says it does... Who tried/has and can confirm what's true?

G

·
I have the 1.4 150 Auto and it does have start stop. That was the only auto at the time along with a diesel variant.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm discussing here with a mate :D you mean the start stop like you stop at a traffic light and the engine stops, right? Not just the button to turn on/off , right?
How does it stop? Does it need to be in N and stopped?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Afaik Diesel Automatic doesn't have start/stop. Petrol one has them and I'm not sure how exactly it works ( you could check some online owner's manual ) but my dealer said that it had issues. Stopping too early or smth like that.

Also he said that diesel and petrol automatic are using different gearboxes. Smth about diesel having too much power for the petrol gearbox variant. If you browse around the google then I'm sure you can find out what kind of gearbox they are using if that tells you anything :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 1.4 auto petrol stop/start and it says so long as requirement are met, on of which is engine temperature but can't remember what else they said, it turns off when you apply the footbrake. This happens when the shift is in drive, not tried it when using the manual function as I don't use much. I got this feature because it came with the car, it wasn't something I would have asked for but it has surprised me how well it works. As soon as you lift foot of the brake pedal engine has started.

Don't know if its a gimmick or actually does good but it certainly works exactly as they said it would

1 - 12 of 12 Posts