Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a quick question that I can't find an answer for on the configurator or anything.

As part of the changes to the facelift Astra K range, there was supposedly an option for a different suspension setup with more direct steering and the return of the Watts Link at the back.

Does anyone know if these options (something like a sports chassis?) ever made it into production and if so which models come with it or is it an option on all models? Can't see any tick box on the configurator.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Watts link came with 1.6T's, have only ever seen it on them, but have seen it on every 1.6T ive seen. I think some 15s/16s may have got it and then they only put it on the 1.6T, may be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My 16 plate 1.4 Elite Nav ST has the watts link but as i bought the car 2nd hand, i don't know if it came as standard or if the first owner spec'd it as an extra. I have actually checked a few other ST's in passing (making sure no-one was watching in case they thought I was a nutter - lol) and of the three I've looked under, they have all had the watts link so maybe it was fitted to the ST as standard ? I really don't know. seems a bit hit and miss if you ask me.

·
Registered
313 Posts
According to 2017 pricelist Watts link was
1. Standard for 1.6T
2. 250eur option for 1.4T
3. 250eur option for 1.6D

Option was available for all trim levels but the most basic.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
880PEL said:
According to 2017 pricelist Watts link was
1. Standard for 1.6T
2. 250eur option for 1.4T
3. 250eur option for 1.6D

Option was available for all trim levels but the most basic.
Can these Watts links just be retrofitted onto the existing parts of the car or does it involve a lot of swapping of existing parts as well ?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all. Thanks for the responses.

My question is about the NEW (facelift) Astra as I can't see any details about the supposed option for a more sporty chassis. I've got the 1.6T at the moment which has the Watts Link and it makes a big difference to the car's ride & handling (having owned a K 1.4T SRI non-Watts before) but I can't see anything on the configurator about the uprated chassis as an option or standard on any model?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, is it an Opel only option? Stupid idea if it is:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1023095_2019-opel-astra-rolls-in-with-minor-updates

"Opel also added new shock absorbers that are claimed to increase comfort. Still available is a sport suspension that adds stiffer dampers, more direct steering and a Watts link at the rear axle for better stability."

·
Registered
2 Posts
They were on the hotter diesels too for the first few K years. There's one on my 2016 1.6 CDTI 136hp hatch. Wish there wasn't because the bushes are worn out and it clangs like a bell.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I bought my 1.0t when it first came out so it’s on a 65 plate..this is also fitted with the watts linkage and does make a big difference when pushing the car round bends at speed. This feature was removed very quickly by GM as a cost cutting exercise even though this is what helped the Astra gain car of the year when it was first released

1 - 12 of 12 Posts