Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, how far in advance should I register for OnStar so I can have it ready when I pick up the car, like others mentioned I don't want to do it too far in advance and lose any days of free membership but I also don't want to collect the car and not see it working before I leave the forecourt?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I picked the car up, drove it home and then registered it.

To do it, I pressed the OnStar button in the car first, they sorted at their end and sent me a link by email. I went indoors and picked up link on my laptop and followed the instructions, went back to car and pressed button again and OnStar confirmed set up was complete.

So would wait until you collect car to be honest.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks, I need my dealer to do the present registration though I think, will chase him up about it and then maybe wait until I get there on the day to set it up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did a course at work about OnStar earlier this week.

You have two options: 1) Dealer Registration and 2) Customer Registration.

The dealer can pre-register you but you would be accepting agreements you haven't read. I recommend picking up the car, asking dealer to send confirmation e-mail to your address and then setting it up yourself. If all else fails you can sit in the car and press the blue OnStar button, call the OnStar rep there and then and they will talk you through it.

I would recommend a proper set-up process by yourself through an PC/laptop. You have to accept Terms & Conditions for the 4G WiFi to work and nobody else can verify this but the owner so skip the middle man and do it yourself so you know the score.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you I definitely will do it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts