Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my 1.6 t B16SHT engine water pump is chirping when engine is hot so I ordered replacement. When it arrived the pump did not fit my car despite giving Vauxhall my VIN number which matched the part correctly. I took a photo of original part and Vauxhall said it could be older model J engine pump. I’m baffled as to what is up can anyone tell me if the pump has been changed it’s the 2016 model .

·
Registered
917 Posts
The part number of the pump has been consistent right through on the 1.6t K,
it's difficult to comment on what the problem might be though without more info
(part number supplied,vin,pics of the difference,any numbers on pumps etc)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Valer for the info the garage put original part back on whilst they wait for Vauxhall to send out an Astra J pump as the k pump didn’t fit even thou the car is a k. Weirdest thing ever do you think they fitted wrong pump in factory is this even possible. Or do you think they mistakenly put on a 1.4k pump when car was built. Thanks

·
Registered
917 Posts
Elite or not makes zero difference,the 1.4 pump is a completely different design so you can rule both those out.
The 1.6 in the J did have a different pump fitted to some early ones,
the fitting to the block looks the same with the main difference i can see being the fitting to the drive pulley,but even they were superseded to the later one and sold as a kit with different pulley to allow it to work.
The difference can be seen here with 39 being the early type now superseded to a kit (44)
this kit uses the same number pump as fitted to the K.

White Line Font Auto part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankyou for all the info So I’m now thinking my k has the older obsolete J water pump fitted the 39 . As the new one they sent must of been the 44 which didn’t fit and that one was also used in later model J. Is this possible Valer

·
Registered
917 Posts
It's possible but unusual,maybe the car had an engine swap earlier in it's life ?
if it is an early one fitted then it's going to need the kit rather than just a pump though to get over the different pulley fitment

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Valer that pic on e bay does look v similar to mine on car at mo. Hopefully the pump the garage ordered will come with the kit as you say. It’s become a bit of a nightmare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update we’ll it’s all fixed. The garage fitted the older version of the pump which was also used for the later J series. Just like you said thanks Valer. So if anyone has same problem this post will help. Parts have to come from Germany thou many garages won’t touch euro car parts any more as they sell a lot of fake parts..

·
Registered
825 Posts
Update we’ll it’s all fixed. The garage fitted the older version of the pump which was also used for the later J series. Just like you said thanks Valer. So if anyone has same problem this post will help. Parts have to come from Germany thou many garages won’t touch euro car parts any more as they sell a lot of fake parts..
Glad you got it sorted Charlie. I didn't realise ECP had fell foul of the counterfeit parts fiasco as well ! I've had a fair bit of stuff from them in the past, might have to rethink ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea thanks I think battery’s and bulbs etc are ok but be careful of car parts pumps alternators thermostats and the like. Seems the genuine OEM parts have to come from Germany now. Not just Vauxhall seems BMW parts as well. Real pain if you have to wait 10 days for shipping when car is of the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts