Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Sorry if this is a rediculous question but I would rather ask it for peace of mind.

It rained last night and this morning when I opened my door water came pouring out of three holes at the bottom of my door. Is this normal? Is it meant to happen?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Totally normal ;) Those are there for that. For piece of mind, u can check if those holes are clean and not clogged by wax (Opel/Vauxhall uses generous amount of wax when transporting the cars) ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ha - this is exactly what I came looking for. Mine is parked on an "uphill" incline on my drive - when you open the door you have to be careful to not get soaked feet! :lol:

I have to say, I've never seen this on a car before. I kinda thought it must be intended simply because all the doors do it, so it wasn't as likely to be a fault. Glad to hear it confirmed from others, though.

Can anyone tell me why they've designed it like that? Seems odd to have the door pooling water.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's not a Vauxhall specific design feature, nor is it new.
Car doors have had drains for a long time. The windows seals cannot be perfect (because they have to allow for the windows to slide up and down) so the water has to be allowed to escape otherwise it would collect inside the bottom of the doors and they would rust through quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
mine hold water when parked up an incline, Vauxhall customer care refuse to do anything about it. so if parked on a drive with an incline, & go abroad in the winter for any length of time, the frost will get at it. basically the end drain hole is too high, & that is why the water holds in the corner of the door, & is only released when the door is open. this is a( charecteristic) of the car & not a fault lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.