Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Astra CDTi Sri Nav 2018
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I had my timing chain replaced under extended warranty mines with QBE they paid out twice once for clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder and recently timing chain mine is a 2017 astra k 1.6 both times had no issues the dealership sent over the claim they asked for service history from them and pictures and paid out no problem
And this was with Vauxhall Extended Warranty? What coverage did you go for?

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Yeap it was Vauxhall Extended Warranty provided by the dealership when i bought the vehicle off them. I think it was gold automotive warranty underwritten by QBE
It sounds as though it was one of the dealerships in-house recommend warranties. This is where it starts to become confusing, as it's nothing to do with the official, vauxhall recommend extended warranty. I think the dealerships make more money (higher labour rates), from their own recommended warranties, rather than use the Vauxhall/Stellantis official product, you see.
As long as it paid up, that's the main thing.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
@TaylorT2 the car is a 2018 m/y with a B16DTE (LWQ) engine so the recommended oil is 0W20 OV0401547 specification
the info shows both ecm updates as closed,not sure if the car has had them applied or not,
so if you don't know yourself it needs clarifying at a dealer.
it also has these 3 "upon customer complaint" pre loaded ready for if you experience any issues
E191900750 Timing Chain Tensioner gasket
E191900151 MY2016-2018 Opel / Vauxhall Astra-K Blower Motor Connector
E191904430 Astra K - Tail Lamp connector

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Also I found out recently they have a recall for the timing chain but it doesn’t show up unless you complain to them about the rattle
That is likely the E191900750 Timing Chain Tensioner gasket,
crucially NOT a recall but rather only upon customer complaint,(big difference)

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
950 Posts
@TaylorT2 RAC (ALA) full-fat warranty cost me £851 for 3 years for highest cover (covers everything including carbonisation) and 3 years breakdown (at home, roadside, relay & onward travel). Works out at about £283 per year for the warranty and breakdown so actually not bad though a fair amount of change up front!

Not had to claim on mine yet but my wife has the same cover on her Mokka and got her water pump replaced without a quibble when it developed a leak.

Our local dealer used to use RAC (ALA) for their extended warranties so they seem quite happy to deal with them should anything require main dealer work.
Otherwise, it's local independent for servicing, saving £200 for a main/major, and the RAC's only stipulation is that you have to have the car serviced in line with the manufacturer's schedule.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
He can't answer you, as he's banned.
Lol. I was gonna say I noticed that new poster and thought straight away "Troll". Was gonna report it but I can see that I was beaten to it. (y) That down to you Boro' ;)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts