Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My Sister in law and I have the same car, same fuel, same year everything. We were both finding we had some issues with the clutch not springing back. Both of us have take to a Vauxhall dealer on separate occasions and they are telling us both we need new engines.
Her car has only done 25000 miles, mine 40000.
Does anyone else have this issue? We are trying our hardest to prove this is a manufacture fault.
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Plenty of threads on this issue if you search the forum .Full service history will help with getting under warranty etc. Either that or they may pay a contribution . But there have been many cases with VX not contributing at all. You could take issue to motor ombudsman if no luck with VX. Could be a long drawn out case if VX won’t budge and I’m suspecting they are quoting huge £££ for a new engine ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty of threads on this issue if you search the forum .Full service history will help with getting under warranty etc. Either that or they may pay a contribution . But there have been many cases with VX not contributing at all. You could take issue to motor ombudsman if no luck with VX. Could be a long drawn out case if VX won’t budge and I’m suspecting they are quoting huge £££ for a new engine ?
Hi, thanks for responding so quickly. Unfortunately I don’t have warranty but in my opinion it’s clearly a manufacturing issue if plenty of cars have the same issue? They have quoted me £4328 for repairs which I cannot afford. So I’m trying to argue and need some evidence of the same issue in same car !

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You need to contact vauxhall customer services and ask for a contribution towards a replacement engine, also a fvsh would help too. This is not an uncommon issue on the 16 and 17 plate Astra 1.4t engines.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh Jesus. Why new engine??? :O
Source of the issue with stuck, floored or not springing back clutch pedal is contamination of brake fluid with debries from clutch slave cylinder which has plastic body that worns out.
Please check your brake fluid reservoir for possible contamination.
Quick fix solution is just replace brake fluid properly.
Right solution - replace master and slave clutch cylinder.

Note: brake fluid contamination may affect brakes too and brake efficiency could be affected. Diesel models with manual transmission have this covered by manufacturer recall 18-C-120 (E1811803130 - see: https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/astra-k-recall.html). Unfortunately petrol model within same MY are not covered despite they use similar transmission M32.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts