Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get the £500 fuel voucher / card from their dealer?

Or do you have to send off to Vauxhall?

Dealer has confirmed that my car is on track to be delivered around the end of the month, so am wondering if I should expect the salesman to hand it to me on handover?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the £500 fuel voucher on top scrappage and dealer discount. The dealer showed me that he had registered me for it and said you get it 30 days after picking up the car. Cant remember if he said it was posted or you pick it up.

My car will be ready 1st week of March so I guess I'll get it early April.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's interesting. How did you manage to get the £500 fuel voucher on top of the scrappage deal? I thought it was specifically excluded in the terms and conditions.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought as much, thanks for confirming.

To be honest, my local dealer is pretty good. I have bought cars from the same sales guy previously, so am sure that he will sort for me.

He has confirmed that they will have car for end of January / beginning of February (which I have just realised is next week or week after). Cannot wait to get it :cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
So did I, the dealer managed to work it another way so it wasn't strictly scrappage.

Sorry for the long post

As far as I know scrappage ended for 2015 on the 15th Dec, I went to a dealer who had extended the scrappage scheme just before xmas (it wasnt really extended as they wanted you to buy the car from stock straight away). I went on a sunday and they were closed so I decided to go the the next closest dealer who was open. Told him about the scrappage extension from dealer 1, he was supprised but honored it plus more in the form of discount off the car (it was around £2225 off) plus I could get a bespoke factory order plus im trading in my old fiat stilo for £400. He told me not to order then but come back after xmas as he mentioned the £500 fuel voucher. I thought he had included the £500 voucher in that discount hence not wanting to take the order then.

The reason he wanted me to come back after xmas is so he could include the £500 fuel card on top of that to my surprise. Dealer 1 said they couldn't beat that even without the fuel voucher.

I basically played two dealers off against eachother. Im sure some people have managed to get a better deal than that but I'm happy with what I got, Ive never bought a new car before!

Basicly:-
£400 for my car
£2225 discount off the car
£500 fuel voucher
Tank of fuel and premium mats

·
Registered
73 Posts
MarcR said:
Good effort Zappy!

What engine / trim / spec did you go for?
Cheers, I'm looking forward to the first week of March!

I just went for the regular SRI with a 1ltr engine as I wanted to try that. In grey with LED tail lights. Really liked the look of the LED headlights but I couldn't justify them at that price and the dealer stared me away from them too for some reason.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Zappy - sounds like you got a really good deal, and not too long to wait either. I ordered on 31 Dec but have to wait until 24 March. I guess mine has to be almost a complete new build but they can use a nearly-finished car off the production line for yours.

·
Registered
73 Posts
UKtekkie said:
Thanks Zappy - sounds like you got a really good deal, and not too long to wait either. I ordered on 31 Dec but have to wait until 24 March. I guess mine has to be almost a complete new build but they can use a nearly-finished car off the production line for yours.
Mine is a factory order from scratch as far as im told, that was actually part of the reason why i added something so it would prompt that to happen. I have been tracking it on the website and it was allocated a build date on the 13th Jan.

The dealer said they were having delays with some of the extra options but I'm not sure which or if that is affecting delivery dates for some people who ordered around the same time as me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
When a qualifying customer order is taken during the event, the Retailer needs to enter your details onto the system, this will generate a PDF document which should have been sent/given to you (they print a copy for the deal file). This lets you check the registration details (including address) entered for the processing of the Free Fuel card. The card will not be despatched until the claim shows as approved on the system, which usually happens shortly after the car is registered; the card will then arrive within 35 days of the date of approval.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts