Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know exactly what this does.

Manual says that it limits certain functions, but does not give any detail?

Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
You can find a little more information about "valet mode" in the Infotainment Manual.
If valet mode is activated, all vehicle displays are locked and no changes may be performed within the system.
Note: Vehicle-related messages and the rear backup camera remain enabled.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks astramaster, still haven't got the correct manual from the dealer.

Makes sense, so if you use airport parking, they can't reset the trip Meters then? :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to use valet mode on my insignia when i put my car into the dealership. It wouldnt let you into the boot and the radio wouldnt work so they couldnt blast the music in the garage. Dont no what else it did.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When you take the car into a dealership for service or repair make sure you activate valet mode.

As somebody who works with technicians all day people are only human and will be naughty or take advantage when they can. A brand new Astra K can and will have it's sound system tested out. With valet mode you can be assured nobody has accessed your infotainment system without the PIN you've set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it only the Navi 900 that has the Valet mode feature?

I have the R4.0 IntelliLink and can't find this setting anywhere in the firmware.

Any ideas how to lock my system down? I could always remove a fuse or two, but they would probably 'fix' that...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rapster said:
Is it only the Navi 900 that has the Valet mode feature?

I have the R4.0 IntelliLink and can't find this setting anywhere in the firmware.

Any ideas how to lock my system down? I could always remove a fuse or two, but they would probably 'fix' that...
In my R4 neither appears this option :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.