Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to OnStar today, and they advised that when you call them from Europe, UK users will still speak to someone in Luton.

However, they also said that the 4g won't work other than in Spain, Portugal and Germany!

·
Registered
798 Posts
MarcR said:
I spoke to OnStar today, and they advised that when you call them from Europe, UK users will still speak to someone in Luton.
All OnStar calls are redirected to UK Luton's call centre.
http://media.gm.com/media/gb/en/vauxhall/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/gb/en/2015/vauxhall/06-29-onstar-presskit.html
http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Vauxhall-Luton-onstar/story-26797422-detail/story.html
Even if you are in Germany, the call will be answered in UK by a german speaker operator.

MarcR said:
However, they also said that the 4g won't work other than in Spain, Portugal and Germany!
At this moment, 4G data is only available in UK, Portugal, Spain, Germany and Netherlands.

SwissTJ said:
Operators will respond in whatever language you have chosen (but not Welsh), no matter where your car is, as long as it's on the network.
Exactly. But you can also ask for an operator in different language in the middle of a call if you want to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have had conflicting advice about Onstar breakdown cover, my call to them told me they would make the fallout but it was chargeable to the customer and in this forum members have been told by, presumably, the same people that it will be included in the £79 annual fee.
Does anyone know whether the "free " cover includes Europe?
Whether to renew or not will for me depend on the 4g costs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Slowcoach said:
I have had conflicting advice about Onstar breakdown cover, my call to them told me they would make the fallout but it was chargeable to the customer and in this forum members have been told by, presumably, the same people that it will be included in the £79 annual fee.
Does anyone know whether the "free " cover includes Europe?
Whether to renew or not will for me depend on the 4g costs.
Call onstar from your mobile device. If you login to the app you will find the number. Ask to be put through to the recovery department (They do have one as they offered to put me through) and ask the questions that are bugging you. People were saying online about whether or not to buy a spare wheel. I don't have one and personally couldn't care because I would just phone OnStar and get the recovery out to me. People were saying it wasn't part of the subscription but I phoned to confirm it was and that I would not be charged!

·
Registered
856 Posts
joe.bloggs1 said:
People were saying online about whether or not to buy a spare wheel. I don't have one and personally couldn't care because I would just phone OnStar and get the recovery out to me.
Hi

However, I can probably change a wheel quicker than the recovery can get to me and then at least I can carry on my journey abeit at a maximum speed of 50mph. That was my reasoning behind having one especially having seen how long it took for my wife to get her Adam sorted by the AA through Vauxhall when her tyre burst.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.