Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's Astra recently went into the garage after being vandalised. On it's return the the usb penstick option to play mp3's is no longer showing on the radio dashboard. Before, when you plugged in the penstick into the centre console, it would automatically play from the penstick. Now, nothing happens and if you select media, it says no media device is available. Also, previously, the radio display was a dark background, when it came back it was a light background, which I've reset.

I suggested last night she plug her iphone in to see if it would charge, and the radio dashboard came up with the option to use apple car play, so the connection must be ok. We're both baffled as to why it's not working, we've tried different pensticks, which we know are working ok. Anyone any suggestions, I suspect the garage has touched something they shouldn't have done, but I can't prove it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I had something similar happen to me, though I think it might have been the Cruzer USB stick I was using?

I couldn't get it to work in the USB connected to the 1.6T's 8" nav unit when I had it, even though the stick had been working OK in the previous 1.4T's 7" non-nav unit.

The garage had taken the car in to apply the Android Auto firmware (as part of the deal of me taking the car) and I reformatted the USB stick to exFAT and copied the various folders back over to the stick and all was well again. Still not sure what caused it and the USB connection still has the occasional wobbler where it thinks nothing is there and other times it will just pick up from where it is playing and displays incorrect info on the screen - this is cured by the Windows reboot approach of getting out of and locking the car and go back after half an hour or so and all is well again! :)

First thing I'd say to try is :
1) get in car and turn key to ignition on,
2) WAIT for the dials to do their up/down check thing!
3) press the Radio button so you make sure you're not using the stick,
4) unplug the stick and make sure there's no fluff in there,
5) reinsert the stick, making sure it goes all the way in and finally,
6) press the Media touchscreen button/icon and see what comes up.

Reactions: Boroboy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts