Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: Whatever it is isn't really anything at all. It's the smallest of sounds from around the right backrest bolster when sitting into the backrest from me being in an upright position and I can't actually feel it. A case of hypersensitivity I think...

Hi all,

After 250 miles I've noticed that when I sit back in the drivers seat that there is a clunk/click noise coming from the backrest which I can feel slightly too.

Has anyone else experienced this and would it be something that the dealer would be able to sort do you think?

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not loud but its something that did delvelop in my Corsa D seat which ended up needed the seat frame replacing. Just worried that this might be a repeat! I'm not even heavy or rough with the seats!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Now i understood what u are talking :) Mine does click too, and same side as u (although my car is LHD), seems that theres the seat inflator/deflator valve in that side and it might be contacting with something. I also get slight click sound when going to full side support when im sitting in them :) Dont think its something to worry about

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kristis said:
Now i understood what u are talking :) Mine does click too, and same side as u (although my car is RHD), seems that theres the seat inflator/deflator valve in that side and it might be contacting with something. I also get slight click sound when going to full side support when im sitting in them :) Dont think its something to worry about
Cheers Kristis, it puts my mind at rest a bit! I wouldn't have one of those with it being the standard seat would I?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They've just got the height and backrest adjustment. I've been on a few longish journeys in it and I'm happy with them. I used to do 200 mile journeys in my Corsa so it's a big upgrade even with the standard sports seats :).

I've also noticed a plastic feeling part inside the fabric in the side of the seat facing the B pillar. Was feeling around to see what could be causing it and noticed that you can push them in slightly but they come back out again. No idea what purpose they serve?

·
Registered
573 Posts
that should be the air valve/pump. If u do backrest adjustment in silence u will here sound coming in/out from that spot :) And my next question is - what will happen when the filter gets clogged in there :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to listen out for it. That valve is there even though it's manual backrest tilt adjustment? Hopefully it never gets clogged :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Popped into the dealer this morning and the seat on their demo behaves in exactly the same way. All good :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's something most wouldn't notice, but I'm rather meticulous let's put it that way lol. Asked a few other questions while I was there as well. Thanks for the advice too :).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts