Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a new 5 door Elite 1.6tdi bi-turbo 160 with 18" alloys and no spare wheel, can anyone tell me what tyre pressures I should use please.

Must say the car is a dream, and feels way more responsive compared with my traded in 2.0 tdi Astra.

·
Registered
331 Posts
There is a table towards the back of the manual that gives you a full break down of the tyre pressures for the various tyre sizes and engine types.

If you'd like further advice, have s read through the thread below where there is some information on tyre pressures

http://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=308

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1900sr said:
It should be in your manual, or the car will tell you via the driver information centre.
Thanks for the reply.
I looked in the manual but can't seem to find the engine/wheel combo that I have.
The service book gives the engine model number but this doesn't seem to match the details in the back of the handbook.?
I'll have another look and see if I can make sense of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How're you finding the car in general? Pick mine up in 10 days. Can't wait! Be good to hear your experience so far....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will not be disappointed!
Personally I'm super delighted with it.
It's as smooth as silk, and given I've had Astras for years this one outstrips the others by miles.
Gear ratios are spot on. You can be in 6th gear at 40 mph and not feel it stalling or losing power, in fact you can accelerate from 40 in 6th with ease if you want to. In 4th at 40mp she rockets away.
The car is big inside with tons of room.
One last surprise for me was a refund of £73 on my insurance, I can only think this must be because of all the safety features and the onstar vehicle location and anti theft elements.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I noticed a least one other Lincs member.,
Just done a 150 round trip outing and all the way there and back I was grinning like an idiot :)
Bearing in mind I'm used to a 2 litre dti I was worried the 1.6 would be a bit flat and noisy building up to 80mph or so ...non of it, it flew up and beyond without hesitation and quietly so.
Tyres are a bit noisy on newly resurfaced roads but that's to be expected I guess on new tyres.
One thing I did notice is with the stop start, on the 2.0 it would restart on dipping the clutch with my right foot on the brake, this is not the case with the new K which has an electronic hand brake...it wont restart until you let the foot brake off.
So effectively it is telling me I should use the handbrake every time I move into neutral gear, which nine time out of ten I wouldn't/ won't be doing.
Anyway a minor point really, either I drive correctly, or I just lift the foot brake a gnats...me thinks the latter.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
jazzman said:
Just done a 150 round trip outing and all the way there and back I was grinning like an idiot :)
Bearing in mind I'm used to a 2 litre dti I was worried the 1.6 would be a bit flat and noisy building up to 80mph or so ...non of it, it flew up and beyond without hesitation and quietly so.
Tyres are a bit noisy on newly resurfaced roads but that's to be expected I guess on new tyres.
One thing I did notice is with the stop start, on the 2.0 it would restart on dipping the clutch with my right foot on the brake, this is not the case with the new K which has an electronic hand brake...it wont restart until you let the foot brake off.
So effectively it is telling me I should use the handbrake every time I move into neutral gear, which nine time out of ten I wouldn't/ won't be doing.
Anyway a minor point really, either I drive correctly, or I just lift the foot brake a gnats...me thinks the latter.
It's the same on the K with manual handbrake too, first day I had mine I thought it'd got a fault as it wouldn't always restart, then I read the book.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well yes indeed that was most certainly me, how's about that for a coincidence !
Had to go to Gamston airport, then across to Wragby where we had a cuppa in the Cherry Tree bistro, which I can recommend. Then through a long traffic jam to finally head down to Horncastle.

I was a bit miffed with myself on Saturday as I caught the nearside rear alloy against the curb while taking a tight left...one day old and my lovely 18" rims scuffed already DOH!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What a coincidence, I can't remember exactly where it was but I think it was after we'd fought the Wragby traffic jam and were on our way to Lincoln, I only noticed your car as a K just as we passed you going in the other direction. We'd been to the Autojumble at Stickney and were on our way to see my mum at Saxilby.

Shame about your wheel, hopefully it can be repaired fairly easilly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thankfully it's only a small scrape in one spot on the edge of the rim, so no big drama really. Just a pity to get it marked so soon.

So the next problem is sorting out the driver's seat position. I'm 6 foot and my wife 5 foot, so for her the seat has to be jacked forward and upwards whereas I'm one stop off of full back and mid hight...So the lesson here is, why didn't I order a power memory seat! Simple answer ...dosh! or the lack of it of course.
It was hard enough to work out what to have in the extras list, and maybe I'd have done better with the original 17" wheels and gone for the powered seat instead, but then hindsight etc etc.
I suppose a power seat can be retro fitted. I'll have to see how much it is with fitting, plus I'm going to be stuck with a brand new standard black leather driver seat. I wonder if it would be saleable and what would it likely fetch????

·
Registered
29 Posts
jazzman said:
Hi all,
I have a new 5 door Elite 1.6tdi bi-turbo 160 with 18" alloys and no spare wheel, can anyone tell me what tyre pressures I should use please.

Must say the car is a dream, and feels way more responsive compared with my traded in 2.0 tdi Astra.
Inside the front passenger door, on the sill, you will find the tyre pressures for your vehicle, including Eco and load tyre pressures.

P.S. Look for a black label about 8cm x 4cm (size from memory).

·
Registered
280 Posts
1900sr said:
jazzman said:
It's the same on the K with manual handbrake too, first day I had mine I thought it'd got a fault as it wouldn't always restart, then I read the book.
That's odd, I don't have this with mine (manual hand brake), car restarts as soon as I press the clutch pedal, regardless of whether or not I have foot brake pedal pressed or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Rapster for the info, much appreciated.

Hi MarcR, now that's odd???
Keeping in mind I have electronic hand brake, I did a double check in case I'd got it wrong, but sure enough, on dipping the clutch pedal I get zero response while my right foot is on the brake, as soon as I lift it so the engine starts.

Might post a few pictures over the weekend. Though my car is listed as being Granite Grey which sounds pretty dull , I think it looks pretty darn good, though some may think otherwise lol.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
MarcR said:
1900sr said:
That's odd, I don't have this with mine (manual hand brake), car restarts as soon as I press the clutch pedal, regardless of whether or not I have foot brake pedal pressed or not.
I checked mine again today. If you're on the footbrake when the car stops, you can dip the clutch and select gear without the car restarting, it will restart as soon as you take your foot off the brake.

The odd time I do this I don't find it a problem, as the car starts almost instantly, and I guess if you're on a slope then the hill start assist will hold the car for the short time it takes to come off the brake and onto the throttle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts