Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The astra only comes with 1 boot light, but if you look at the opposite side you will notice a hole for another light. Order another bulb unit which only cost me £2.86 (that is cost price though) and buy some wire from eBay or wherever you want. Ive attached the packet the bulb came in so u no the part number. Then u just run the wire from one side to the other hiding it behind the trim and panels and hey presto. A nice cheap easy modification and double the light in the boot!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sebati said:
Could you add a photo of lights please?:)
As you can see ive added another boot light to the left. But i have also added an led strip to the inside lip of the car to brighten it up more. The total price was less than £6 for the extra light and led strip.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
astramaster said:
Final result looks very nice! :)
So, both lights and the led strip are all connected to the same power feed (the original lamp)?
Is the boot light can-bus controlled?
Thanks! No the boot isnt canbus, and as far as im aware none of the interior lights are. The number plate bulbs are though as i have 2 bulbs in it the now and im getting an error message. Have ordered the ones listed above so that should sort it.

Yes ive used the power feed for the origional bulb unit and connected the led strip and other bulb unit to it. Im not great with electrics but was told because im using leds it uses less power and is ok. All my interior bulbs have been changed to led also. Ive got 4x 15cm led strips im going to wire under my front and rear footwells. There will be pics when ive done that too.

·
Registered
463 Posts
How did the footwell LEDs turn out? Also is the wire required for the boot light a single or double, sorry if it seems silly I don't get my car tool next week so can't check

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Proph said:
How did the footwell LEDs turn out? Also is the wire required for the boot light a single or double, sorry if it seems silly I don't get my car tool next week so can't check
Not started on the footwell lights. Been on call at work so not had a minute. The boot light is a double wire.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks great! Where did you place the LED strip in the boot?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you able to link to cables, that will fit with the lamp? I guess, that I need to connect it via a split cable on the other boot light? But I am in doubt about connectors?

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are linked upto the head liner lighting used twin core black cable as I have black headliner so once door opens etc the light activates the same way. Very simple installation really so visible wiring at all.no canbus error either

·
Registered
45 Posts
DCX said:
They are linked upto the head liner lighting used twin core black cable as I have black headliner so once door opens etc the light activates the same way. Very simple installation really so visible wiring at all.no canbus error either
Can you post some photos of your wiring and where to connect the cables?

·
Registered
28 Posts
joe.bloggs1 said:
sebati said:
Could you add a photo of lights please?:)
As you can see ive added another boot light to the left. But i have also added an led strip to the inside lip of the car to brighten it up more. The total price was less than £6 for the extra light and led strip.
What boot net are you using? Are they GM or aftermarket?
Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey, I'd also like to know what kind of nets are those and how did you install them, especially the one on the side. I've got all kinds of stuff lying around in trunk and I dont want to buy raised floor since it makes the trunk smaller. Opel only seems sells one net for horizontal placement on the trunk floor which is not that useful for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
morgoth said:
Hey, I'd also like to know what kind of nets are those and how did you install them, especially the one on the side. I've got all kinds of stuff lying around in trunk and I dont want to buy raised floor since it makes the trunk smaller. Opel only seems sells one net for horizontal placement on the trunk floor which is not that useful for me.
It is the Flex Organizer like here: https://www.doopla.cz/dily/flex-organizer-sit-bocni-1707886-566.html

1 - 20 of 100 Posts