Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else noticed that the trip computer is very inaccurate.

I've just filled up and here's my figures
Mileage 400.6miles
Trip average 62.6mpg
Filled up 33.18ltrs (7.3gl)
Calculated average 54.8mpg

Which works out at approx 16% inaccurate

·
Registered
360 Posts
Did you reset the trip when you last filled up?

Was 33.18 litres read off the pump?

What was the fuel reading difference before and after filling up? Presumably the car measured it as being less than 33? It sounds like this is related to the fuel huge reading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have also noticed a difference between 17-20%, but i had a recalibration on my dealer. It seems to be ok for now but i still wait to measure again.

cornishtaz, your figures appear to be too low for me, in what driving conditions do you achieve such numbers??

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mine seems to be a couple of mpg out, if it says 45mpg it's actually done 43mpg. This seems to be about the same margin for error as other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vgeorge said:
I have also noticed a difference between 17-20%, but i had a recalibration on my dealer. It seems to be ok for now but i still wait to measure again.

cornishtaz, your figures appear to be too low for me, in what driving conditions do you achieve such numbers??
My daily commute is 36miles each way mixture of A/B roads mixture of speed limits between 20 and 60mph average speed is 40mph very little stop/start. 18'wheels and sport mode on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had 54,8 mpg this morning at a distance of 25 miles but i was very careful...
It seems that the sport mode under some circumstances helps in fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes it is the trip computer reading. But as I have mentioned, I have had my readings recalibrated.

Before the reprogramming- recalibration my readings would be of about 63-65mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts