Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread where people can let others know the progress of their Astra's. Based on what I have seen so far, myself along with others, are looking at early March for their Astra, so I am hoping that one persons update may allow others an possible insight as to when to expect an update on their own Astra.

Below is an explanation from UKtekkie, who details how to access the "Track Your Vauxhall" page for your newly ordered Astra:

UKtekkie said:
If you've ordered a car and want to track it, you can enter this URL but replace the last 8 characters with your vehicle number from the MyVauxhall web site (or your dealer's paperwork if they quoted it):

https://www.trackmyvauxhall.co.uk/track/show?vehicle_no=1234ABCD
I had my Astra order entered into the system around the 11th January and Track Your Vauxhall is coming up with an "Car arrival week (estimate)" of the 26th Feb 2016 and havent gone past Step 1 so far :(.

Kev

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer was saying they dont open it up to customers anymore as its not very accurate.

I ordered mine right at the end of Dec, step one, it was allocated a build date on 13th Jan (I assume that means when they scheduled a slot rather than the actual build date?). Still on step one with an estimate of 4th March. I assume that is always a week ending date and it will be ready any time that week. I say that because I'm booked into collect the car from the dealer on the 1st.

Might give the dealer a call sometime this week to see how its going as they can obviously see loads more info internally.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Schedule:
  • 31 Dec - ordered Astra SRi 1.4T with sunroof, Intellilux, Parking pack etc
    5 Jan - order entered by dealer who quoted 24 March delivery
    3 Feb - confirmed build slot - delivery showing 18 March (6 days earlier)
    7 Feb - (today) still on step 1
    18 March - estimated delivery
My schedule appears quite slow compared to some others but the sunroof is a new feature for MY2016.5 so I guess it may be causing delays and I have a complex mix of options. Common build variants, e.g. SRi + Parking Parking pack or fully loaded may be in the production line already, so just need to be painted the right colour etc.

ZappyPayload said:
My dealer was saying they dont open it up to customers anymore as its not very accurate.
Yes, it's only fair to point out Vauxhall no longer tell customers about this site or service so we shouldn't assume it is 100% accurate.

·
Registered
495 Posts
When I ordered mine it said it wouldn't be ready till beginning of January but it arrived at dealers last week in November and even when I had taken delivery the tracker still said preparing for delivery so I wouldn't trust the site too much

·
Registered
357 Posts
ZappyPayload said:

I ordered mine right at the end of Dec, step one, it was allocated a build date on 13th Jan (I assume that means when they scheduled a slot rather than the actual build date?). Still on step one with an estimate of 4th March. I assume that is always a week ending date and it will be ready any time that week. I say that because I'm booked into collect the car from the dealer on the 1st.

Might give the dealer a call sometime this week to see how its going as they can obviously see loads more info internally.
Not got tracking on ours but ordered 30th December and have also been told delivery should be week ending 4th March. Not long to wait now. :cool:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi James,

It would be interesting to know what the tracker reports if you know your 8-character vehicle number from the MyVauxhall web site (or your dealer's paperwork if they quoted it). Just enter the URL below using your reference number on the end.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have tried use it but it said it doesn't wirk for new customers. My energy ordered third week in January, arrived last week, collection tomorrow, so really fast. Sri must be very popular

·
Registered
360 Posts
thequick said:
I have tried to use it but it said it doesn't work for new customers.
It doesn't work if you click my link, but it will work if you copy this URL into your web browser's address bar and then , before you press return, replace the last 8 characters with your own 8 character vehicle number from the MyVauxhall web site or from your dealer's paperwork.

https://www.trackmyvauxhall.co.uk/track/show?vehicle_no=1234ABCD

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried the website but it says it's still on the first step. However, I spoke to the salesman I've ordered the car through and when he checked the progress, he told me it was on "event 42" meaning my car has already been built and has been released from the factory. He told me it should be in the country within the next 2 weeks as it was built in Poland. Hopefully I get the car before the planned date of 24th March!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Great news Sully. Out of interested, what does the build slot date show as? My Astra was due 24 March too, originally. No update from dealer yet though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sound encouraging! Hoping to hear from my dealership soon, they mentioned late Feb/early March and the website still says week of 26th Feb but still being built :(

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dealer said my due date was about 16 March (Ordered Late December) and Track my Vauxhall has it as on way to dealers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
UKtekkie said:
How do you know where it's being built? I can't see anything on the web sites.
Sully said his was being built in Poland (I guess the dealer said) and my dealer told me mine was being built in the UK. It dosnt say on the site or on the paperwork as far as I can see.

I'm just curious how they split it over the factories, maybe its by trim level or specs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ZappyPayload said:
UKtekkie said:
How do you know where it's being built? I can't see anything on the web sites.
Sully said his was being built in Poland (I guess the dealer said) and my dealer told me mine was being built in the UK. It dosnt say on the site or on the paperwork as far as I can see.

I'm just curious how they split it over the factories, maybe its by trim level or specs.
Sorry I should of made it clear. The dealership told me where it had been built when I was told what step it was at

·
Registered
360 Posts
At least one person has reported dealers ordering the wrong model so it's worth noting that the engine size and trim level are displayed on the tracker:
View attachment 74 Unfortunately it doesn't show the options so you can't check everything.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts