Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone confirm the GM sensors transmit on 433 MHz. Assume the aftermarkets will transmit on same frequency? cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Little update for you guys,
Car is booked in for Tuesday next week, in the meantime I did a little experiment earlier today. I placed a new TPMS sensor on the floor by the rear tyre that currently has a dead TPMS (bought via the above link) I then did a TPMS relearn on the car dash, I had horn pip on every corner. Obviously confirming the TPMS is in working order and the car / relearn tool picked it up straight away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
Morning guys,
As you know I did the little experiment last week, And the dash started showing ‘low pressure, inflate tyre’ after a few days. It resorted back to ‘service TPMS system’

I left the new sensors in the car thinking the car would remain connected to the new sensors. I can only assume as the old dead sensor is still in the tyre the ECU is still trying to take a reading from the faulty sensor and causing it to give a ‘service TPMS’ message (I assume the faulty sensor is not completely dead)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Final update,

just been and had the new TPMS sensors fitted, the ECU picked up 1 of the new sensors straight away. But not the others. Used my relearn tool once I got home. Horn pip on each corner then double horn pop once complete.

All sorted at a fraction of the cost had I let Vauxhall themselves do the work.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts