Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
sounds a hell of a lot better than the other big companies.

MOT and service time in July, that came round quick. I suppose at least this year it hasn’t happened a week before like the insignia used to do.

·
Super Moderator
2,056 Posts
Rule of thumb would be "If rubber needs replacing and the TPMS sensors are 4+ years", get them changed at the same time as they change the rubber, as it will cost almost nothing in labor for them to change the sensors if they have the rubber off of the rim anyway to replace it.
Good point, especially if your car was 5 years plus old, you needed 4 tyres. I'd then supply the tyre fitter with 4 sensors to fit whilst they're fitting the tyres. Easier that changing them later.
My car would be 5 year old next summer, also would need 4 tyres then, so if I were to keep my car, I'd change the sensors along with the new tyres, for the sake of around an extra £20 each for the sensors, worth doing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Make sure those sensors come programmed with an ID number. That price is quite cheap and I suspect they will be blank, not sure.
Yes they are cheaper in comparison to main dealer, and probably the parts used by the main high street Garages. So yes I suppose there’s an element of risk. The reviews to the particular link above are positive, and 140 sold. So that’s reassuring they are the correct TPMS for the job.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yes they are cheaper in comparison to main dealer, and probably the parts used by the main high street Garages. So yes I suppose there’s an element of risk. The reviews to the particular link above are positive, and 140 sold. So that’s reassuring they are the correct TPMS for the job.
No doubt, it is an oem sensor and good at that, there shouldn't be any element of risk as it is a good make. If it comes with no programmed ID it will cost you to get it done.
A blank ID cannot be found by the tpms system. Sensor relearn is different to sensor ID programming.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I think they should be ok Redman,
the pic shows the sensor with it's I.D. on the case and the reviews say no problems with learning.
i shall be keeping an eye on them for myself and maybe buy a set as spares.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I’m going to order in a day or 2 so will update towards the end of next week.

I have also messaged one of those who left positive feedback, who has responded with a positive review, adding they have done approx 4000miles since it was fitted with no issues.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
the pic shows the sensor with it's I.D. on the case and the reviews say no problems with learning.
Exactly my thinking Valer. My 1600 is coming up to 6 years old in September and I'm guessing that the tpms sensors battery's will be getting near the end of their life so I'm watching this thread with interest. (y)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have also messaged one of those who left positive feedback, who has responded with a positive review, adding they have done approx 4000miles since it was fitted with no issues.
Hopefully you contacted either the 1st or 2nd reviewer as the others are to do with a different e bay seller

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Exactly my thinking Valer. My 1600 is coming up to 6 years old in September and I'm guessing that the tpms sensors battery's will be getting near the end of their life so I'm watching this thread with interest. (y)
As you know Shaky,mine is a couple of years younger and i don't want the batteries to go flat before i have the need to fit them,oh decisions,decisions :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
@Valer ah, I didn’t notice the reviews were from different sellers. However I have just compared the part numbers from the 1 linked above and the part bought by 1 of the reviewers leaving positive feedback and are both the same part number. So different sellers but same part.

I am however going to message the 2nd person in the list of reviews and get feedback from them.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You are more than likely to be right Valer, just thought I would mention about checking it out for being supplied with ID.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That’s all 3 people I contacted via eBay confirming no issues with the part linked above. Good enough for me, will order ASAP and get them fitted Ex to the car

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is it possible to connect these to your tpms without fitting them, to see if they work? What I mean is, presumably if you just sit the new sensor on the wheel it will be in range of the receiver, so you can set it up in advance of taking the tyre off. That would save paying a fitter to do that only to find they don’t work.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Is it possible to connect these to your tpms without fitting them, to see if they work? What I mean is, presumably if you just sit the new sensor on the wheel it will be in range of the receiver, so you can set it up in advance of taking the tyre off. That would save paying a fitter to do that only to find they don’t work.
Good point, however I believe they are plugged into some sort of machine or checked to be functioning before they are fitted to the wheel, so the likelihood of knowing if they work or not will be known before the tyre is put back on the rim.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts