Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im new here, and will only have few more weeks to wait for my new Astra. I've ordered it with all the possible options except sun roof, red and 1.4T 150hp version.
I've been reading that Vauxhall cheated and removed the rear watts suspension and sound insulation. Does it also apply for Opel? If yes, then to which cars? I have ordered mine on Dec 18 and it should be here in March 22. Will i be scamed too? In regards of watts rear suspension, i have it stated in the contract, so i guess if im cheated, then i can press my dealership up to some legality :D

P.S. Im comming down to Opel from Alfa romeo mito and alfa romeo giulietta quadrifoglioverde, so im already sceptical :D

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I looked at a Giulietta having had a GTV and a couple of 156 in the past, and I really was put off by the quality of the interior. It seems weird to say a Vauxhall has a better interior than an Alfa, but I really think it does. I love my Astra and I've only gone for the baby 1.0T, so I'm sure the 150bhp version will be brilliant. As for the lack of the Watts link I don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid. Maybe have a word with your dealer?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealership is not aware of my2016.5 update thus didnt say too much :)

Frankly, truck driver crashed my 1y.o. giulietta and since they are having a new model in a year i've decided to go for a second best in class :)
I didnt have a chance to do a lot of km in astra, but build quality is the same in my eyes. Just hope all the rust and reliability horror stories with Opel/Vauxhall are the thing of the past :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hang on, you've been an Alfa owner and you think Opel/Vauxhall have a bad reputation for rust and reliability? I've read it all now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1900sr said:
Hang on, you've been an Alfa owner and you think Opel/Vauxhall have a bad reputation for rust and reliability? I've read it all now.
:lol: exactly what I thought

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lol, gotta agree with 1900sr....alpha are famous for their unreliability especially with electrical problems, same as fiat cars

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1900sr said:
Oh come on :D done 110k km in MiTo, and 15k km in Giulietta - not a single problem except oil change :) I've bought several Panda's and few more Giulietta's for employees - no problems what so ever. Thus im hoping same from Opel/Vauxhall as they have same "reliability" myth around them as people say about Alfa's ;)

Back to topic, anyone knows if this MY2016.5 update applies to Opel too?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've had loads of vauxhall a and have never had any problems with rust and few problems with reliability. This seems strange that you are considering a vauxhall/Opel given your opinions of them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Northumbrian said:
I've had loads of vauxhall a and have never had any problems with rust and few problems with reliability. This seems strange that you are considering a vauxhall/Opel given your opinions of them.
I agree, does seem odd.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Northumbrian said:
I'm not considering, i've bought it and only have 10 days left to wait :) And i've bought it because it looks almost as good as Alfa and has ton of equipment, thus is better bung for buck even then a KIA. Plus, I need a car which does not attract that much of attention due to some other reasons :)

But please keep it to the topic. Are Vauxhall and Opel identical in their MY2016.5 updates or does that apply only to VX?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well ther ewont be sound isolation and watts link with your car.

But they guarenteed to have these features, then you may have some rights against to your dealer which will depends on your national law.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sebati said:
Well ther ewont be sound isolation and watts link with your car.

But they guarenteed to have these features, then you may have some rights against to your dealer which will depends on your national law.
Selam ;)

Dealer just copy pasted all the technical info into the agreement, including "The new weight saving Watts rear suspension", so if i will really get inferior car - i smell a nice discount or at least loads of freebies :twisted:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kristis said:
Selam ;)

Dealer just copy pasted all the technical info into the agreement, including "The new weight saving Watts rear suspension", so if i will really get inferior car - i smell a nice discount or at least loads of freebies :twisted:
Soo yes you may get some discount or some free accessories; at least i hope :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
sebati said:
Kristis said:
Selam ;)

Soo yes you may get some discount or some free accessories; at least i hope :)
Hi

Unless it has E&OE (errors and omissions excepted) on the contract then you might struggle trying to get anything.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
360 Posts
I actually stated compliance with the Astra Price List/specification on my order as a condition of purchase but interestingly, none of the various editions mentioned the Watts Linkage rear suspension. I think it was in the main brochure but I didn't reference that.

I may have a friendly chat with the dealer and ask for free mats but I don't think I'd argue beyond that - it's not their fault.

·
Registered
280 Posts
To be honest, the engines are quiet and the handling is good.

Unless you are planning to drive the car like Lewis Hamilton, you will not be able to tell the difference between one that has these fitted and one that doesn't.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
U are right, but...
I had a demo 150hp for a week and asked to buy same exact car :) Thus in my eyes, when Opel/VX is tricking customers and reviewers with better suspension and sound insulation only available for demo and review cars and later on just ships u a cheaper version - doesn't sound right :) Dealership also made a demo with the older version Astra equipped with watts and without it, just to show the difference and presented it as a selling point.

At least i've paid for one car, and now would (i hope i will still get normal) be getting cheaper version of it for the same price :)

Problem for the dealership is that they have added promo looking spec's into the contract, so thats their problem now :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts