Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My suspension dust covers are shot, as I think most Ks are.
I have looked and the replacements are only around a tenner so thought I would have a go at swapping them over…

Does anyone know exactly the bare minimum amount of the car that would need to taken apart to get this done?

I appreciate that cowling at the top of the engine needs to come off.
Then can I just remove the top mount after unbolting then top bolt with the rest of the strut attached to the hub, or will I need to remove the whole strut from hub to take the top mount off and swap the cover over.

Thought I would get them swapped to avoid an mot advisory but if it’s gonna be a massive job I may not bother.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@Kcirtap

Good luck!

My car, (1.0T, 66 plate), went in for a service at the dealers on Monday and both shock absorber dust covers were found to be split.

They are charging me £318.29 all inclusive to do it next week, (didn't have the parts in stock unfortunately).

I don't have the confidence, or correct tools to attempt something like that myself unfortunately :(

Can you let us know how you get on please?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dust covers need doing do I take pot luck or is there a recommended brand for the replacement?
Is this a new thing having to replace the fixings when refitting the struts. Never done on my Astra F or H

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I see Febi make a replacement boot,
probably better quality than Chinese rubbish and maybe better than genuine if the failure rate is owt to go by, :whistle:
the bolts are stretch so should be replaced,probably the safest bet on suspension tbh

Reactions: Boroboy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts