Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have just joined the group as thinking of getting a new Astra. I currently own a Astra J Elite. Does anyone know what the sunroof is like on the new Astras? Are they like the old style sunroofs (a cut out in the roof), or are they larger scale? Also my driver headrest has horizontal adjustment as well as up and down. The brochure just states headrest has up and down adjustment. Does anyone know if the drivers one has horizontal adjustment too?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks Nuno. That's what I was expecting - you can see it in Vauxhall's online Configurator on their web site too (in the 3D view if you rotate it to look up). Pity it's not a larger style like you get in the new Zafira or Golf but it looks OK.

P.S. If anybody is thinking about ordering one for an SRi, note the sunroof option changes the SRi's black roof headliner to light grey. I thought the SRi's black roofliner made it feel a little claustrophobic which helped persuade me get the sunroof for extra light and I was then pleasantly surprised to find it changed the headliner to light grey too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, I did have slightly mixed feelings about it - it certainly looks different and I can imagine I could have grown to really like it. It certainly wouldn't have put me off getting an SRi. I've never had the luxury of speccing a car before though and did want a sunroof. I can't wait to get me Astra, especially after reading all the positive posts... Just another 9 weeks...

Biggest thing I'm looking forward to is having a heater that actually works... (I went for the winter pack too). Oh, and an engine warning light that isn't permanently on...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Has anybody got a sunroof yet? I think they were only introduced on the 2016.5 models so may have only just started shipping in the UK.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies and the sunroof photos. I'm not sure whether to go for the Elite Nav or SRi Nav, but if I do go for the SRi would opt for a sunroof as I too am not sure if I could live with the dark head lining.

·
Registered
495 Posts
daddydoug said:
Thanks for the replies and the sunroof photos. I'm not sure whether to go for the Elite Nav or SRi Nav, but if I do go for the SRi would opt for a sunroof as I too am not sure if I could live with the dark head lining.
both are good spec and i too couldnt make my mind up but went for the elite nav in the end and so glad i did

1 - 8 of 8 Posts