Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise?

In my Astra J energy I changed the driver side roof handle ( can't think what else to call them) with the glasses case holder from the Astra J titanium.

Does anyone know if this is possible in the Astra K elite, as I find it convenient to have my sunglasses near my head.

Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had the same thing in my gtc which I change the handle to the sunglasses holder but sadly in my elite the driver doesn't even have a handle so nothing there to replace can't comment on other models

Shame really as I miss having the holder there as it was convenient

·
Registered
798 Posts
First of all, the handle has the same size as Astra J.
So the sun glasses holder from Astra J would work in Astra K also.

Fact: In Astra K, there is no handle in driver's side to replace with sunglasses holder.
Driver's side is on the right in UK but on the left in the rest of Europe.
So, UK has one handle on the left and outside UK has one handle on the right.
And I do not believe that there is a different drilling inside the ceiling.
We just need to know the exact location for the screws, because the holes should be there... :idea:

·
Registered
798 Posts
astramaster said:
First of all, the handle has the same size as Astra J.
So the sun glasses holder from Astra J would work in Astra K also.

Fact: In Astra K, there is no handle in driver's side to replace with sunglasses holder.
Driver's side is on the right in UK but on the left in the rest of Europe.
So, UK has one handle on the left and outside UK has one handle on the right.
And I do not believe that there is a different drilling inside the ceiling.
We just need to know the exact location for the screws, because the holes should be there... :idea:
Another fact that supports my theory is this one:
If you have the sunroof option, there are handles in left and right side! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took delivery of my Astra K elite nav 1.4 turbo 150 today. In love already. The headliner doesn't have the indent for a handle on the drivers side considering put the sunglasses holder on the passenger side. Unless anyone can tell if it will fit on drivers side.

·
Registered
798 Posts
cornishtaz said:
Are the Astra J and Astra K exactly the same if so I'm ordering a sunglasses holder as the screw holes are on the drivers side just above the curtain airbag
Yes they are. The distance between the screws is the same.
Have you seen the screw holes already? :shock:

·
Registered
200 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
I didn't make large holes on the headliner, when you tighten the screws, they make the holes bigger. If you want to make the holes bigger, you can do that with a drill. Drilling a hole of maybe a 3-4 mm should be enough.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you have a grey headliner, the correct color is 13325748. Other is for the black headliner.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you can make a nice DIY with the whole process that would be great. Surly it was another topic about how to make it but the guy uploaded the images to the photobucket, and the program needs payment now for viewing the pics.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Okay, I'll try...

1. The measurements I attached are for LHD, so if you have a RHD then then think the measurements and the picture as mirrored.

2. Use a needle to locate the holes.

3. Mark the location of the holes on the headliner and use a sharp hole punch tool to make the holes on the headliner.

4. (Optional) Drill the holes bigger with a 3-4 mm drill.

5. Install the sun glasses holder and make sure that the plastic spikes and screws go nicely in the holes. If it doesn't seem the fit, make the holes bigger.

6. Thighten the screws, it requires quite a lot of force. The holder should be pressing the headliner a bit, but do not overthighten.

7. All done! Thanks to Cornishtaz for this mod!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts