Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, now i have a Holden Astra BK Hatch (the same as your Astra K but the Australian form) and i have just looked under my steering wheel, and i have the little silver box in which you pulled your speaker signal from, but the plugs are completely different colours, and neither of them have the colour cables you have. anyone else here with a Holden worked out the cable colours for the rears :/

·
Registered
344 Posts
Blozz said:
hey guys, now i have a Holden Astra BK Hatch (the same as your Astra K but the Australian form) and i have just looked under my steering wheel, and i have the little silver box in which you pulled your speaker signal from, but the plugs are completely different colours, and neither of them have the colour cables you have. anyone else here with a Holden worked out the cable colours for the rears :/
Hi, is your stereo the 900navi one, then you should have the connectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Blozz said:
Hy!

Maybe you could use some information about my post. I have intellilink R4.0 Check it out:
https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6315

·
Registered
14 Posts
Volcano said:
Hey

Mine is opel and left hand drive car
I think my radio is located behind the glove box
But it's not the same connectors and colors as in pictures in your guide, mine is a 7 "r 4.0 intelliLink
Believe it is the brown connectors for my speakers, What do you think ..?

1.JPG
2.JPG

This is a picture of the side of what I think is the radio
Sorry it's stuck so i can not take a better picture

3.JPG
Hy!

You definitely have the R4.0 Intellilink.
I had the same connectors.
Check this out:
https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6315

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would you be possible to install rear door speakers in my Astra design 1.4 125 /19 plate /
Can I run wires from the doors to the radio unit?
I don't have balance option on the head unit /just front speakers are there/
I have spoken with the dealer and they said that the unit needs to be programmed. Is this true?
The wires will go to the radio not to the screen.
Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ivanivanovn7 said:
Would you be possible to install rear door speakers in my Astra design 1.4 125 /19 plate /
Can I run wires from the doors to the radio unit?
I don't have balance option on the head unit /just front speakers are there/
I have spoken with the dealer and they said that the unit needs to be programmed. Is this true?
The wires will go to the radio not to the screen.
Thank you
There are no speakers in your rear door? :shock:
Do you have intellilink R4.0?
Balance option should work with two speakers too. Fader is what you meant.

However, you can try out some things.
If you have the green adapter then the white/green/yellow/blue wires and their pairs are for the speakers. If you have only two pairs of wires then there is no cabling to the rear doors. Before you mount anything, put a pair of wires to one (or rather both) of the two missing speaker connection and test it with any speaker. If it works then it is your lucky day, just do the cabling, get a mounting bracket for the rear speakers and of a course a pair of speakers.

But, sadly, there is a real chance that if there were no speakers (and cabling) were installed in the factory then the HU should be programmed. I can not confirm it tough.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ivanivanovn7 said:
Thanks for your reply
I checked and there are no speakers or cables in the rear doors.
I attached the picture of the radio.
Would you be possible to explain me how to test if I can connect the speakers please?
Thank you for the photo, I've got the same connector, but I have slightly more wires in it.

You could check the how-to about my external amp and subwoofer installation, maybe you could get some useful informations there.
https://www.astrakforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6315
I'll check which wires (would) go to the rear speakers.
If you want to do it without risk/damage you might want to buy an adapter like I did.

I took a photo of my factory connector, you could compare them.
Circuit component Electrical wiring Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you B52
I just want to check if I can install rear speakers.
I have asked in vauxhall main dealer but unfortunately they told me that is not possible?
I don't believe that.
They said that I can't install armrest because the usb cable will be short / I have installed the armrest for less then 30 minutes and all cables are same /
Thank you for your time again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cables and connectors differ on 2020 SRi Non Nav
Still trying to find a supplier of this type but it seems unknown everywhere I have looked

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the navigator on my astra k 02/2020, but I can't find the speaker connector...

- Passenger side:

- Driver's side:

these cables are too thin to go to the speakers... Where are they???? :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the navigator on my astra k 02/2020, but I can't find the speaker connector.../quote]

Well I guess yours is LHD?
Mine is RHD and the Radio/Amp box is where the white box is on this photo.
Right up against the side with connectors going in the bottom

Not my car in the pic but just to demo where it is situated.
Mine is NON Nav so maybe that make a difference too...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Airblade750,
thanks for your reply.

Yes, my AstraK has the guide on the left side.

if you refer to this:

the plug cables i see:

they are not the same size you find in the door for speakers:

so if that is the amplifier, I guess it is the input cables into the amplifier, but not the cables that go from the amplifier to the speakers. Is this so?

My goal is to try to intercept the amplified cables (between amps and speakers) because having to extend them until the trunk would lose less audio details than the "weak" cables that go from the car radio to the amplifier.

my doubt is: if they are in the central console?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there :) simo_zio

If you remove the plugs from the radio/amp unit under the dash, you will see that the cable colours match the ones that go to the speakers. The yellow/black ones in your pic are in the plug but you will not see them until you remove the plug from the radio/amp unit.

Also, you mention, "I guess it is the input cables into the amplifier" and, "lose less audio details than the "weak" cables that go from the car radio to the amplifier".

There are NO audio signals generated by the, "head unit/display". It is simply a display/control interface. The only analog audio signals are those high level/speaker outputs coming out of the amp/radio unit.

Colours should be something like this...

Green Left Rear Speaker [+]
Blue Left Front Speaker [+]
Yellow Right Front Speaker [+]
Blue/Black Right Rear Speaker [-]
Brown/Blue Left Front Speaker [-]
Yellow/Black Right Front Speaker [-]
White Right Rear Speaker [+]
Green/Black Left Rear Speaker [-]

Reactions: Sob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Airblade750
thanks for the explanations! :D

Therefore, for these connectors:

I mapped the colors, although some are not clear :? .

(however either the cables get bigger afterwards, or they don't go directly to the speakers, they are half the thickness. :? )

Anyone know where to buy adapter cables / connectors to not have to cut them? :?:

Thank you all for your patience, I am trying to post as much material as possible for future benefit.

G

·
A big thanks to christ_106 for the location and colour coding for the speakers on my Astra k 1.6 cdti 2019.
Made my job a lot easier for me to install an Audio Control LC2i line out converter. So I've left the original head unit in with the following upgrade. All doors have been fitted with dynamat.

Front doors : JL Audio ZR650-CSI components
Rear doors : JL Audio C5-650X Coaxial
Subwoofer : JL Audio HO10W6v3-D4

4 doors are running off JL Audio HD600/4
Subwoofer is running off JL Audio HD750/1

I cut out the stock tweeters and sat new ones in the original brackets with mastic. I fitted the bass control knob in the compartment below the main lights switch.

Took quite alot of time and labour but it does pay off. Sounds amazing!

G

·
PAD10 said:
A big thanks to christ_106 for the location and colour coding for the speakers on my Astra k 1.6 cdti 2019.
Made my job a lot easier for me to install an Audio Control LC2i line out converter. So I've left the original head unit in with the following upgrade. All doors have been fitted with dynamat.

Front doors : JL Audio ZR650-CSI components
Rear doors : JL Audio C5-650X Coaxial
Subwoofer : JL Audio HO10W6v3-D4

4 doors are running off JL Audio HD600/4
Subwoofer is running off JL Audio HD750/1

I cut out the stock tweeters and sat new ones in the original brackets with mastic. I fitted the bass control knob in the compartment below the main lights switch.

Took quite alot of time and labour but it does pay off. Sounds amazing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Automotive lighting Sky Water Automotive design Gas
Guys I'm also going to self install amps and DSP, I'm trying to find an easy access remote wire without removing the center armrest, I found a 12v cigarette socket in my astra k 2016 sport tourer, but it appears to stay on even when the car is turned off and locked. Is there a way to use the rear fuse box for remote wire?

Attachments

41 - 60 of 65 Posts