Vauxhall Astra K Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

Would there be anyone willing to install an set of front speakers/amp/sub for me in my 66plate 1.6cdti elite?
for a few greenbacks plenty of tea and a few beers if your local:)

Im based in Bucks

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 1516

How about those tweeters in dashboard?
Anyone know how to replace those, it's only 4 sets of speakerwires, shouldn't it be some sort of crossover installed? Or is it some sort of dsp in stereo, but regardless it's only 4 sets of speaker wires, anyone that have changed speakers and can tell how they did with the crossover that comes with the aftermarket speaker+tweeter sets.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Exactly what I've wanted to do to mine.. Thanks for the how-to!

I've been planning to (but haven't had the time) replace the factory speakers with something more punchy. I can't even get the volume up 3/4 without the speakers either cracking or becoming muffled/no punch. Have you upgraded your speakers too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also wanting to know about the tweeters/mids in the dash, I haven't taken anything out yet So can't see how I would run a set of components with a decent cross over, unless a new wire can be run to the tweetes then the cross over can be tucked away under the dash.

Another issue would be the actual mounting of the tweeter, I pulled the grill off today to have a look and take pictures. Does anyone make adaptor rings for these or is it going to be a DIY?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
If I am just installing a KSC-SW11 Kenwood will a simple fuse tap/piggy back work ok for power and would I still need a remote wire power on wire if connected to an ignition switched fuse? :?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does anyone know what gauge these wires are, and do scotch lock/t-connectors work ok?

I cant see how I would connect into the plug as per the 1st post, what was crimped onto the end of the wires connecting in?

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
bilboastra said:
Cool :D

Did you cut bits off the harness so you only had the green connectors?

Also, did you find it difficult to get the green plug of the harness into the unit under the dash or did it go in quite easy?

I got this one and have been struggling with it, but it looks different to yours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253253690858?ul_noapp=true
No did not cut anything. Wiring looks the same. Unpugged the original wiring and connected it to the new harness. Plug and play

Plugs was easy to unplug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Proph said:
The rear fuse box is missing unless you have the elite or any of the options like heated seats, steering wheel, parking sensors etc that are in that fuse box in the manual, I looked for it before to run a boot 12v
Eeh no...

My Astra has heated seats, heated steering wheel, parking sensors front and back..

What it does not have is a rear fusebox though.

If you look at the attached picture the only things in there is one box with 39014008 which google says is a parking sensor module and the thing lying in the bottom is a Trailer hitch module that was added later.

But fusebox it does not have.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 65 Posts